PDA

View Full Version : Word Art Suggestion Thread

Tina
12-28-2006, 10:55 AM
What types of word art sets would you like to see in the store? or anything else!

I've got soooooooo many now, i don't even know where to begin (again). lol!

My stuff in the store (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=7)

Tina
12-28-2006, 02:49 PM
*bump*

anyone?

sfoneill
12-28-2006, 03:18 PM
*maybe some favorite verses? people can post their favorites and you can choose?
*short poems?
*more of those quirky sayings? booyah? hoo-ah? dig it?
*sleeping quotes for adults? when you catch adults napping?

i don't know. i'm in a scrappin' mood today and have come across some pictures that would fit this kind of wordart.

i love all your wordart, so anything would be wonderful....i'm just waiting for the next challenge!!

welcome back, nice to have you back again!!

shazzt
12-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Some more famous author stuff please! While it is not the most cheerful of topics, I saw an amazing book yesterday of poems suitable for saying goodbye (sorry - can't remember the exact name and can't find it on Amazon). It had a beautiful poem by Gerald Manly Hopkins in it. I thought maybe some wordart on loss etc - so many people do memorial pages.

Tara
12-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I know you have a cousins set...but I could use a few more! Something besides just "Me and my cousins"...and even just some more family ones! I have so many family pics to scrap! And what about a funny faces word art ('cause i'm always scrapping people's silly faces)? A Silly Family Set would be cool. Do you have some New Year's Sets...hmmm...I'll have to go look.

danzinst
12-28-2006, 05:37 PM
WELCOME BACK
Tina, I don't know if it was you or Lisa and maybe neither but I did read in the forum sometime ago that someone was thinking about word art from the book of Ecclesiastes or Proverbs. I would love to have something in that concept.

boobearsmama1
12-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Bible verses would be very nice. Like maybe one book in each set. (not the whole book, lol)...

Again, I would love some wordart about skating and ice skating.

Maybe some wordart about being an only child..possible some poems.

Some wordart about eyes would be cool .. like The eyes have it.. or Beautiful Eyes..or I can see love in your eyes... Sparkle Eyes... these are just random ones I made up but I am sure I could come up with more, lol.

Father/Daughter and Mother/Daughter wordarts ... something to show bonding

I love how in your older wordarts you have alot of little mini poems. I would love to see more like that in various subjects. They are great for when you just can't think of journaling. I will definitely help you find some. :)

ArcaneFaery
12-28-2006, 06:43 PM
something mean about brothers! LOL! (Well, not truly mean, but that your-a-brat-and-I-love-you-for-it mean.) Or sisters.

yhalos
12-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Tina I'm so glad you're back...I would also love to see some more short quotes or verses . I love poetry and it's really great to have when you come up short on your journaling.
Bible verses , proverbs, more personal introspective quotes..you know things we could use when we're scrapping about ourselves. OK, think that's all I can think of right now..but give me time lol...

Dani B
12-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome back Tina !
maybe some titles or word art for everyday slang that kids say to each other - especially brother - sister stuff, or silly stuff that teens say over the phone to each other.
I would have to go and hang with the grandkids for a day to give you good samples - giggle

Mars
12-29-2006, 02:08 AM
I am so happy you are back. I would also love more short poems/prose type wordart to use for journalling.

Mars
12-29-2006, 02:17 AM
I would like more wordart titles for extended family. There is a lot for father and mother but I need wordart for aunts and uncles and greats. There is wordart for sisters and brothers individually but I couldn't find a title for sisters & brothers together (not siblings) and big brother, big sister etc. For example in the Love Of wordart it would be great if there was also a set with love of... aunt, uncle, brother, sister, cousins, etc. Thanks

lilysmama
12-29-2006, 06:36 AM
i second those! lol! i will think about it and try to come back with some ideas!

~sarah~
12-29-2006, 01:42 PM
I am not sure if you already have any of these but i thought i would throw some ideas in the pot lol

i would love to see i am the big sister i am the little sister word arts, same for boys would be great to but i only have girls lol.

word arts for animals no longer with us.

i would like some word arts about partners (not yet married).

wordarts for friends & family no longer with us (deceased) or miles apart

i am sorry if these are already in the store but i have seen so many i have forgotten what i have seen lol

Tina
12-29-2006, 04:10 PM
I'll take quote ideas too! List them here!

Caro
12-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Soul meets soul on lovers' lips. ~Percy Bysshe Shelley, Prometheus Unbound

'Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul
~Judy Garland

What of soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop? ~Robert Browning, A Toccata of Galuppi's

Once he drew
With one long kiss my whole soul thro'
My lips, as sunlight drinketh dew.
~Alfred Lord Tennyson

[T]hen I did the simplest thing in the world. I leaned down... and kissed him. And the world cracked open. ~Agnes de Mille

I ran up the door, opened the stairs, said my pajamas and put on my prayers - turned off my bed, tumbled into my light, and all because he kissed me good-night! ~Author Unknown

Ancient lovers believed a kiss would literally unite their souls, because the spirit was said to be carried in one's breath. ~Eve Glicksman

Also maybe some fun words like kissey kiss smoocheroonie slobber snuggle
smooch ec

cropper127
12-29-2006, 06:03 PM
How about Winnie the Pooh quotes???

Michele

honeymoon
12-30-2006, 04:28 AM
How about:

Circles of Words: Winter (to compliment the Summer kit)
- Making Snowmen
- Snowball Fight
- Snow Play
- It's raining... It's pouring...
- Chilly
- Puddle Jumping
- Raincoats and Umbrellas
- Scarves and Mittens
- Snuggled Up
- Wet and Windy
- Warm and Cozy
- Thunder and Lightning
- Winter Memories
- Wintertime

You might also want to do a Circles of Words: Autumn and Spring as well.

Maybe also complete the seasons for the Word Go Rounds as well - have Autumn, need Winter (Winter, Snow, Raining, etc), Spring (Spring, Flowers, New Life, etc) and Summer (Summer, Sunshine, Swimming, Picnic, etc).

Tina
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Here's my 1st new set!

Look for it in the store soon! (thanks for the idea Carolyn)

sfoneill
12-30-2006, 05:16 PM
that's amazing!!!!! WOW!!! I cannot wait for that one.

Tina
12-30-2006, 06:06 PM
second new set

honeymoon
12-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Love both the new sets, especially the eyes one.

lilysmama
12-30-2006, 06:22 PM
they are both great (as usual)! glad you're back! :)

rlma
12-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Oooooh, when will they be available? Must have them! lol

Great job as always!

Caro
12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Here's my 1st new set!

Look for it in the store soon! (thanks for the idea Carolyn)

glad to help and they are fabulous Tina

Vallie
12-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Gosh, Caroline, I will have to find a man from Texas! :lol:

Caro
12-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Gosh, Caroline, I will have to find a man from Texas! :lol:

hehhehe my advice is to grab the one that lives within walking distance from your home sure makes life a lot less of a rollercoaster. ;)

Tina
12-31-2006, 10:20 AM
another new Famous Authors set...

boobearsmama1
12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
oh my goodness!!!!! Tina!! I love your new eyes set!!! that is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking! excellent job. :)

Tina
12-31-2006, 02:51 PM
new set #4

Vallie
12-31-2006, 09:30 PM
These are great WAs Tina!! So inspiring.

Tina
01-04-2007, 11:30 AM
soon in the store

Caro
01-04-2007, 12:36 PM
they look excellent oooooo my poor credit card

Tina
01-04-2007, 02:10 PM
all of these products are now in the store. Family Love was just added :D

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4708

Tina
01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
another soon to hit the shelves

Tina
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
*bump*

more ideas?

Please feel free to post actual quotes as well!

sfoneill
01-10-2007, 12:11 PM
author is unknown: The more you give, the more you will receive

Mars
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
still looking for wordart with extended family such as aunt, uncle and greats. Also ones for "sisters & brothers" "brother and sister" (not the word siblings) little brother, big brother, little sister, etc. also ones for inlaws

honeymoon
01-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Here's a few to think on:

Famous Authors: Charlotte Bronte

You know full well as I do the value of sisters' affections: There is nothing like it in this world.

The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed.

If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own.

Who has words at the right moment?

True enthusiasm is a fine feeling whose flash I admire where-ever I see it.

Famous Authors: Emily Bronte

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.

Love is like the wild rose-briar; Friendship like the holly-tree. The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms, But which will bloom most constantly?

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after.

Though earth and man were gone, / And suns and universes ceased to be, / And Thou were left alone, / Every existence would exist in Thee.

Ann Bronte (for a Bronte Sisters set?)

My soul is awakened, / my spirit is soaring.

There is always a "but" in this imperfect world.

Tina
01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
oh fiona! Charlotte was on my to do list. Actually I started her twice and 2x my program locked up (a few months back). So, I gave up and forgot all about her. Thanks for the reminder!

Hmm..... might do a Bronte sisters set- then i could end up with more than one set.......

Oh Mars- yes, need to do brother sister. Good idea.

Keep the suggestions coming everyone! I need em!

Tina
01-10-2007, 10:50 PM
look for it soon!

Mars
01-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Tina! You the best!! love those and will have so many uses for them.

Tina
01-11-2007, 04:42 AM
and this set...........

honeymoon
01-11-2007, 04:49 AM
New slant on the Famous Authors series....

Not sure how long is too long, so have tried to find shorter quotes.

Famous Artists: Vincent van Gogh

I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God's help I shall succeed.

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?

Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence

The way to know life is to love many things.

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.

Conscience is a man's compass

I am not an adventurer by choice but by fate.

It is a pity that, as one gradually gains experience, one loses one's youth.

Famous Artists: Leonardo da Vinci

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Art is never finished, only abandoned.

A well-spent day brings happy sleep.

Time stays long enough for anyone who will use it.

Learning never exhausts the mind.

Life well spent is long.

The desire to know is natural to good men.

Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.

Famous Artists: Michelangelo

Genius is eternal patience.

I live and love in God's peculiar light.

The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has.

I am still learning.

Nature did all things well.

~~~~

PS. Brothers & Sisters looks great. :clap:

Tina
01-11-2007, 05:13 AM
great ones Fiona!

Mars
01-11-2007, 05:56 AM
the brother sister set is awesome Tina and another one I will use a lot! Love it!

Tina
01-11-2007, 10:18 AM
hope you like, Fiona!

Tina
01-11-2007, 05:47 PM
more new sets.....

little bit o' silly is my freeb for chat tonight- get it freeeeeeeeeeeeee tonight at 11 pm ET- or it will be in the store soon!

Caro
01-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Tina they are all awesome willdefinitely try make it too tonights chat

Tina
01-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I've just finished up van Gogh!

kiwi2us
01-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Tina, I love that you are considerate enough to accomodate the spelling preferences of those of us from British commonwealth countries. Good job on the van Gogh.

Caro
01-12-2007, 10:38 AM
ok I see the 2 diff spellings of coloured and yes many thanks for that.

honeymoon
01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
van Gogh looks fantabulous.

Man you're on a roll.

honeymoon
01-13-2007, 06:25 AM
How about Famous Authors: Lewis Carroll

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.

I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.

One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.

That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lesson from day to day.

Oh, 'tis love, 'tis love that makes the world go round,

Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.

They gave it me . . . for an un-birthday present.

Tina
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
oooh nice Fiona! You are full of great ideas!

Dani B
01-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Fiona those are great - I could find a use for every line you listed there.

Tina
01-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Lewis Carroll :D

honeymoon
01-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Wow... that was less than 12 hrs, from ideas posted to word art designed.

Very cool word art.

velvetShimmer
01-14-2007, 11:10 AM
What about 'Fairy Tales'?

Eg:

Rapunzel, Rapunzel.
Let down your golden hair.

Someday my Prince will Come

Run! run! as fast as you can!
You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!

When you Wish upon a Star...

True Love's First Kiss

I'm sure there are many more that could be better, but something along those lines...I can think of so many different places I could use them...

velvetShimmer
01-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Colours are brighter when the mind is open. (Adriana Alarcon)

Let the blue sky meet the blue sea and all is blue for a time. (Moncy Barbour)

I never met a color I didn't like. (Dale Chihuly)

I can't seem to find many right now, but I know there are some out there...If I find more, I'll add...But something with Rainbows, colours, etc...Sometimes it's nice for a 'nature' or landscape photo to have something about the richness & beauty of colours...

Mashi
01-14-2007, 12:38 PM
This month all that I have been scrapping are the piles and piles of snapshots from various office excursions -- they have found hundreds of pics from over the last 8 years and wanted me to make them into something that we could hang throughout the building :doh:

Anyway, I would LOVe some "coworker" word art or office / work / employment word art of some sort. Although I have no ideas on what quotes or words to use!

Tina
01-14-2007, 02:43 PM
here are a couple i just finished. Ann (the3chickens) requested a while back. Pregnancy sets

Tina
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
all products are now in the store :D :D :D

the3chickens
01-14-2007, 11:52 PM
LOVE these, Tina!!! Thanks soooo much, u da best! :D :D :D

SUZANPET66
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
One of my favorites that I would like to see is
"Without challenge, there is no achievement"

honeymoon
01-15-2007, 04:26 AM
How about these ones:

Famous Authors: Hans Christian Andersen

Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers

Where words fail, music speaks.

Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.

Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.

My life is a lovely story, happy and full of incident.

YaYa X 8
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
quotes from childrens songs - like twinkle twinkle little star and others

Tina
01-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Hmm.. Fiona, i have done some of those in other sets (the Anderson ones). Should I do them again (differently) in an Anderson set, or not??

Tina
01-16-2007, 08:18 AM
oh, i forgot to post this one!

mariafer
01-16-2007, 09:14 AM
What I would like for Valentines is a set of I love you in various languages... like te amo for spanish... or even just the word love... amour in french. We have people from so many places that they would be easy to get and you do word art so much more beautifully than I could ever get...

Tina
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
here is da Vinci!

Tina
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
got my GEEK on for this set ;)

Dani B
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Tina, you are killing my budget for this week - LOL
I love all of these !

JanW.
01-17-2007, 02:39 PM
What? You mean we have to stick to a budget??? LOL! Tina, something specific for grandfathers would be nice. I didn't see anything in the store. Thanks!

Tina
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Great suggestion, Jan!

mommabyrd2003
01-19-2007, 01:05 AM
I would love some flower and vegetable gardening stuff.

Here are some suggestions:

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." --Abraham Lincoln

Nurturing Nature

“I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.”
e.e. cummings

“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”
Lao Tzu

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
Cicero

“Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps.”
Amos Bronson Alcott

You get the idea

mommabyrd2003
01-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Here are some more requests/ideas:

Psalm 139:14

Sea World type stuff Splash Zone Feeding the... and so on.

Preschool things like - now I know my ABCs, learning to tie shoe, Growth Spurt, and I'm out of specific ideas

Flying/Vacation from a child's point of view

Kids birthday party stuff - pinata, pin the tail, games, treat bags, invitations, etc... We're having our first friend birthday party, so I'm going to need some kid birthday party art.

More spring/Easter stuff

I had one more (the same one I was trying to come up with @ Freebs) and it's gone.

Tina
01-19-2007, 07:05 AM
all of the new items I have shown so far are now in the store:

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=products_new&disp_order=6&page=1

JanW.
01-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Love the grandfather WA Tina, thanks so much!

honeymoon
01-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Building on a couple of the ideas from Freebs last week:

Word Art: Aging

Age is opportunity no less than youth itself. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln

Age is a matter of feeling, not of years. – George William Curtis

Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind.

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.

Youth is the time of getting, middle age of improving, and old age of spending. – Anne Bradstreet

The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured. - Marcus Tullius Cicero

40th Birthday Word Art

At the age of 20, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all.

The best years of a woman's life - the ten years between 39 and 40.

At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgement. – Benjamin Franklin

Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age. – Victor Hugo

The first forty years of life give us the text: the next thirty supply the commentary.
- Arthur Schopenhauer

It's funny, I seem to be able to find lots of 40th word art, but it get's a bit slim for other "BIG" birthdays (from people that have died anyway). It would be cool to have a set for each ??th birthday. We also celebrate 21st birthdays in NZ.

Tina
01-25-2007, 08:24 AM
oh, good new posts (i missed). I'm all tapped out for ideas again, so if you have anymore, please post!

Tina
01-25-2007, 09:40 AM
here's tonights chat freebie!

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=160081

Tina
01-25-2007, 12:33 PM
new sets

JanW.
01-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Nature

honeymoon
01-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Some more...

Wine & Wisdom Word Art:

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place.

What though youth gave love and roses, Age still leaves us friends and wine - Thomas More

I love everything that's old, - old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wine - Oliver Goldsmith

Age appears to be best in four things, - old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read - Alonso of Aragon

Read as you taste fruit or savor wine, or enjoy friendship, love or life. - George Herbert

These days people seek knowledge, not wisdom. Knowledge is of the past, wisdom is of the future. - Vernon Cooper

I have drunken deep of joy, And I will taste no other wine tonight - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Famous Authors: Victor Hugo (some of these may already be in other sets?)

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.

What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love!

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.

Each man should frame life so that at some future hour fact and his dreaming meet.

Life is a voyage.

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.

No one keeps a secret so well as a child

Life is a flower of which love is the honey.

Rainbow Word Art

We live in a rainbow of chaos. – Paul Cezanne

Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. - Lord Byron

My heart leaps up when I behold / A rainbow in the sky. – William Wordsworth

Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.

The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work.

"May the sun always shine on your windowpane; May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain; May the hand of a friend always be near you; May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you." ~Irish Blessing~

Tina
01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
more new sets in the store soon

Tina
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
more

honeymoon
01-27-2007, 01:55 PM
These are lovely. Thanks Tina.

Tina
01-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks Fiona! I'm working on the "aging" set soon :D

Tina
01-28-2007, 10:00 AM
ok, not word art, but here are 2 backpacks I finished

Monica Inspired
02-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I've lots of quotes and bits of poetry which I've been collecting for ages - but many are in individual 'Word' documents. I'll give you the file titles and if you let me know if you want them and I could perhaps email to you. I'll put in a short quotes list and assorted list if there's room here, too. Please PM me. Adversity, Angels, Attitude, Babies, Being in love, Best friends forever, Broken hearts, Brothers, Butterflies, Cats, Childhood, Children, Christmas, Coffee, Commitment Ceremonies, Courage, Daughters, Fairies, Family, Fathers, Friendship, God, Goodbyes, Graduation, Grandparents, Happiness, Helping & Making a Difference, Home, Hope, Hugs, Jesus, Kindness, Kisses, Love, Missing You, Mothers, Music & Dancing, Patience, Retirement, Romantic, Seasons, Sisters, Smiles, Stress, Tea, Weather, Weddings, Worry.
I'll do another message with lists of actual quotes etc from my 'assorted' files.

Monica Inspired
02-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Here's one file:
SHORT QUOTES

A little boy is love made visible…

A little girl is a precious gift…

A rose is a rose…

April showers bring May flowers…

You’re the best!

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!

Sleigh bells ring Are you listening….

We Wish Ewe A Merry Christmas

Have a Beary Nice Day

You make life bearable!

Friendship blooms in loving hearts.

Just couldn’t forget to remember you.

Bookmark quote: It is important from time to time to slow down, to go away by yourself and simply be. – J. Caddy.

Bookmark quote: In your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go. – L. Driscoll

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get!

I haven’t heard from YOU in a while… are you lost?

Each friend represents a work in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. – Anais Nin

Each flower is a soul opening out to nature.

A friend is a person with whom You dare to be yourself. – Frank Crane

Flowers are love’s truest language.

Eat it today, & wear it tomorrow!

I was looking for a friend… And you magically appeared. – Unknown

The little things mean so much [thank you]

Am I the only frog in the pond? Haven’t heard from you in a spell.

Sealed with a kiss. From My Heart To Yours…

Month’s calendar quote: WORK LESS, PLAY MORE, DREAM ALWAYS

PLAY, LOVE & DREAM

A garden offers an invitation to witness miracles

In a world where you can be anything… Be yourself. – Unknown

The most important things in life aren’t things.

When lives entwine, hearts are bound together by little gestures of kindness.

If I held a star for every time you’ve made me smile, the entire night sky would be in my hand.

May all your weeds be wild flowers.

You’re Music to My Heart

Love is in the air [text repeated around four sides of square matt base for heart]

Love is the shortest distance between two hearts

Girl – friend (gurl frend) n. // a female friend; a woman who is smart and strong, confident and creative

You fill my world with love

Friends are flowers in the Garden of Life

[football theme] GOAL! It’s Your Birthday!

[beer theme] CHEERS! It’s Your Birthday!

MAKE A WISH!

[golf theme] HAVE A SWINGING BIRTHDAY!

Marriage Quotes

Marriage - a book in which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters in prose.
Author: Beverly Nichols

The trouble with some woman is that they get all excited about nothing, and then marry him -
Author: Cher

The woman cries before the wedding and the man after.
Author: Polish Proverb

This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
Author: Anonymous

Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.
Author: Friedrich Halm

We sat side by side in the morning light
and looked out at the future together.
Author: Brian Andres

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.
Mark 10:9
Author: BIBLE

Marriages are made in heaven and consummated on Earth.
Author: John Lyly

Marrying a man is like buying something you've been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get home, but it doesn't always go with everything else in the house.
Author: Jean Kerr

Men make love more intensely at 20, but make love better, however, at 30.
Author: Catherine II of Russia

Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts.
Author: William Shakespeare

In Hollywood, brides keep the bouquets and throw away the groom.
Author: Groucho Marx

It is amazing at how small a price may the wedding ring be placed upon a worthless hand; but, by the beauty of our law, what heaps of gold are indispensable to take it off!
Author: Douglas Jerold

Live the life you've dreamed
Author: Henry David Thoreau

Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
Author: Anonymous

www.great-quotes.com/wedding_quotes.htm

Good luck in your New Home, may you always have: laughter to cheer you. Those you love near you. And all that your heart could desire. Walls for the wind. A roof for the rain. Tea beside the fire.

And another which is in table format so I hope it copies here okay, here goes:

Kids
Baby/Kids
Girls
Boys
Sports
Sisters
Teachers
Bathroom
Music
Kitchen
Halloween
Patriotic
Entryway/ Foyer
Inspirational/Miscellaneous
Photo Wall Captions
Easter/ Spring
Marriage / Love
Thanksgiving / Fall
Valentines Day
Christmas / Winter

Baby/Kids
-Dance yourself silly
-Wish upon a star
-Daddy’s Little Angel
-No Sleep No Dreams
-I am a Child of God
-One, two, buckle my shoe
-The princess is sleeping
-Fairy tales do come true
-Shhh ... Baby’s dreaming
-Our little Angel
-Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star-
-Thank Heaven for little Boys (Girls)
-Hush little baby don’t say a word
-When I count my blessings, I count you twice
-All dressed up and no place to go
-Star light, Star bright, first star I see tonight
-My teddy is old and full of tatters, but he loves me back and that’s all that matters
-The nicest dreams that will ever be are the dreams shared by dolly and me
-Good night Sweet Prince
-I love you as high as I can hop
--Little nutbrown Hare
-Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle the cow jumped over the moon,. The little dog laughed to see such a sport and the dish ran away with the spoon.—Mother Goose
-Good Morning Sunshine
-Apple of my eye, star in my sky
-I see the moon and the moon sees me.
-God bless the moon and God bless me
-Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, I love you right up to the moon and back. – Big nutbrown hare
-Wynken, Blynken, and Nod one night, sailed off in a wooden shoe,.
-Row, Row, Row your boat Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily. Life is but a dream.

Kids
-Follow your dreams
-Say your prayers
-If you can dream it, you can do it
-Dare to dream, dare to try, dare to fail, dare to succeed. –G. Kingsley Ward
-You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
-You’re really measuring up
-Look what I can do
-I Believe I can Fly
-When you believe in yourself, the possibilities are endless …
-You are the star for which all evenings wait
-You’re one in a million
-Hitch your Wagon to a Star
-A face without freckles is like a sky without stars
-We can’t all be stars, but we can all twinkle
-When the sky is dark, the stars come out… let your light shine
-What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God
-Reach for the Moon… if you miss… you’ll still be among the stars
-Fly with the angels. Dance with the stars
-Children are a bridge to Heaven
-I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand
-Oh, the places you’ll go! –Dr Seuss
-All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small
-Believe In Yourself
-Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight
-You’re out of this world
-The star of the Show

Girls
-A dream is a wish your heart makes
-Little Girls are precious gifts wrapped in love serene, their dresses tied with sashes, their futures tied with dreams
-Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With silver bells and cockle shells, and pretty maids all in a row
—Mother Goose
-Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice.
-That’s what little girls are made of.
-Shh…Princess Sleeping
-It’s not easy being a princess
-Little girls are angels in disguise
-If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
-A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be a friend

Boys
-Snips and Snails and puppy dog tails-that’s what little boys are made of
-A boy’s will is the wind’s will, and the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts
-Grant us brotherhood, not only for this day, but for all our years
-here is my description of a truly happy land … Sons vigorous and tall as growing plants…
-The book of Psalms
-NO Girls Allowed

Sports
Dribble, rebound, Shoot, SCORE
-Backyard soccer
-It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, it’s how you play the game
-Cinderella goes to the ball …and takes it to the net
-Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever - Lance Armstrong

Entryway/ Foyer
-May all who enter as Guests leave our home as Friends
-Welcome Friends
-Peace, love, and joy to all who enter here
-Enter with a happy heart
-Be a sweetie … Wipe your feetie!!
-Back door guests are best!!!
-A warm country welcome…
-The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it—Ralph Waldo Emerson
-Love is spoken here
-Home…where your feet may leave…
-But not your heart
-Love, laughter and friendships are always welcome here
-Home Sweet Home
-Home sweet home… Where ivy grows, roses bloom, and sunlight fills my favorite room
-May our home know joy each room hold laughter, every window open to great possibilities
-In our home, let love abide, and bless all those who step inside
-Being away is fine, but being at home is best
-Live well …Laugh often… Love much
-What if the Hokey Pokey is what it’s all about?

Bathroom
-Be ye Therefore Clean
-How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you’re on
-Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
-Rub-a-dub-dub, who’s that in the tub?
-May your day bubble over with fun
-Bubbles, bubbles, everywhere
-You don’t need to brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep
-Good clean fun
-Cowboys don’t take baths
-Pirates Don’t Take Baths

-Splish Splash, I was taking a bath
-Rubber Duckie You’re the One
-There must be quite a few things a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.—Sylvia Path
-Singin’ in the bathtub, happy once again, Watchin’ all your troubles go swimmin’ down the drain
-Stand a little taller try a little harder to be a little better
-Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Photo wall captions
-A happy family is but an earlier heaven Success is...
-We do not remember days,
-we remember moments
-All because two people fell in love
_One thing so very true, we love being the parents of you
-Mothers hold our tiny hands for a while… but our hearts forever
-We give our children two things. One is roots, and the other is wings.
-Home is where your story begins
-Having someone to love is family, Having somewhere to go is home, Having both is a blessing.
-To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
-Smiling hearts, beautiful faces, good times, happy places
-Moments to remember
-Our family is raised on love
-Sisters are joined heart to heart
-Loving relationships are a family’s best protection against the challenges of the world
-Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away

Inspirational/ Miscellaneous
-Return with Honor
-Attitude is everything
-It’s not having what you want that counts, it’s wanting what you have
-Practice makes perfect, just be careful what you practice
-What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to god
-When in doubt, tell the truth—Mark Twain
-Never, Never give up—Winston Churchhill
-The measure of a man is in the lives he’s touched—Ernie Banks
-CHRIST – IS THE CENTER OF OUR HOME
-Families are forever
The Six B’s
Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be prayerful, Be Clean, Be Humble, Be True
-Whenever God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window – Sound of Music
-Help thy brother’s boat across the stream and Lo! Thine own has reached the shore – Hindu Proverb
-Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better

Music
-Where words fail, music speaks
-Without music, life is a journey through a desert
-Medicine heals the body …Music heals the soul
-Now shall my inward joys arise and burst into a song
-Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent – Victor Hugo
-Dance as if no one were watching, Sing as if no one were listening

Marriage / Love
-You are what happened when I wished upon a star
-We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
-Grow old with me, the best is yet to be
-You are my favorite blessing
Sisters
-Sisters by Fate, friends by choice
-Sisters make the best friends
-The bond between sisters is sometimes tightly woven, sometimes loosely held, but never broken
-Best friends are we, my sister and me
-Be kind to thy sister. Not many may know the depths of true sisterly love.
Kitchen
-A waist is a terrible thing to mind
-Le Bon Appetite!
-Never trust a skinny cook
-Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
-Eat Dessert First
-Thank you Lord for happy heart, for rain, and sunny weather.
-Thank you Lord for this our food and that we are together
-N0 man has been shot while doing the dishes
-May our home know joy, each room hold laughter, every window open to great possibilities
-Where there is love in the heart there is joy in the home
-Forbidden fruits create many jams
-Happiness is homemade
-Cooking is love made visible
-Season everything with love
-Come gather at our table
-Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast. –Shakespeare
-Laughter is brightest where food is best
-Simple Abundance

Easter/ Spring
-Spring has Sprung
-HOPPY EASTER
-April showers bring May flowers
-Everybunny's Welcome
-Somebunny loves you
-Springtime
-Hippity Hoppity Easter is on it�s way

Patriotic
-Land of the Free
-Let Freedom Ring
-God Bless America
-Stars and Stripes
-I’m proud to be an American
-Sweet Land of Liberty
-America the Beautiful
-Home of the Brave
-Red, White, and Blue
-Independence Day

Halloween
-Candy Corn
-PUMPKINS
-The witch is in…
-Happy Fright Night
-Trick or Treat
-Happy Haunting
-Happy Howl-o-ween
-Best witches and happy haunting
-The wicked witch and her little monsters

Thanksgiving / Fall
-Give Thanks
-Autumn Harvest
-Pumpkin Patch
-Watch for falling Leaves
-In everything Give Thanks
-Happy Turkey Day
-Happy Thanksgiving
-Plant Kindness…Harvest Blessings

Valentines Day
-Be My Valentine
-Believe in Love
-He loves me, he loves me not
-Hugs and Kisses
-Love is in the air
-Happy Valentines Day

Christmas / Winter
-We Believe
-Dear Santa
-O Holy Night
-Joy to the World
-Winter Wonderland
-Dear Santa… I can explain
-I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
-‘twas the night before Christmas
-… and to all a good night
-Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
-Have yourself a Merry little Christmas
-Cookies for Santa
-Wise men still seek him
-Season’s Greetings
-Merry Christmas
-Walking in a winter wonderland
-Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
-In the meadow we can build a snowman
-Free snow… shovel all you want
-Dashing through the snow
-Snowmen melt your heart
Teachers
-Teachers make little ones count
-Reach for the Power – Teach
-I touch the future – I teach
-Learning is not a race but a journey
-Learning is not a race for information, it is a walk of discovery
--Imagination is more important than knowledge
-Imagination Station
--In youth we learn, in age we understand
--It isn’t the load that weighs us down- it’s the way we carry it.
-If you find a path without obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere
-What we hope ever to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence

Well it didn't keep the table format but the text seems to be grouped all right. I think these will keep you going for a while just reading this lot!
Bye for now, Monica

Tina
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
thanks! always taking more suggestions tho!

doodledee
02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Two requests here, no quotes to give but Family Reunions and Relay for Life. Not just women and BC, but hope, survival, dignity, living life. Thant kinda thing. I am scraping all my Moms relay/walks and she did do quite a few RfL.
Thanks,
Dee

Tina
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
newest sets:

Graceful Aging is in the store, Rainbow Days will be soon :D

honeymoon
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Just to keep you busy Tina, some more suggestions:

Famous Writers: Marcus Tullius Cicero

Whatever you do, do with all your might.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

A home without books is like a body without a soul.

The spirit is the true self. The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.

Friendship makes prosperity brighter, while it lightens adversity by sharing its griefs and anxieties.

You can if you think you can.

Life is nothing without friendship.

The life given us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal.

Famous Authors: Friedrich Nietzsche

Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.

Love is not consolation. It is light.

He who has a why can endure any how.

All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.

Famous Authors: Lord Byron

Smiles form the channels of a future tear.

I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.

There is no instinct like that of the heart.

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's memory is sorrow still.

On with the dance! Let joy be unconfined.

The great art of life is sensation, to feel that we exist, even in pain.

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

If I could always read, I should never feel the want of company.

The dew of compassion is a tear.

All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin.

One of the pleasures of reading old letters is the knowledge that they need no answer

Friendship is Love without his wings!

The 'good old times' - all times when old are good.

Tina
03-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Byron

honeymoon
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
:tup: Looking good. :tup:

My next request is for word art that is portrait in style - ie taller rather than wider. I seem to get left with gaps that could really do with some tall/narrow word art.

For example in the Famous Authors - Dickinson Word Art (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2731) the "Joy" quote is what I would call tall/narrow word art.

I know that often the quotes have big long words in them, but just thought I would ask. I'm sure there are some quotes that have already been used that could be re-done in a tall/narrow format. :hug:

boobearsmama1
03-12-2007, 01:05 AM
i would love some poetry style overlays. the words can be repeating, of couse. like poems about little girls or childhood. maybe a poem about laugther and parenthood. oh, also.. i would love one about ordinary moments. (an overlay)

prodigal1978
03-12-2007, 06:59 AM
How about clergyman quotes?
Here's some from brainyquotes.com

Grace is but glory begun, and glory is but grace perfected.
Jonathan Edwards

I assert that nothing ever comes to pass without a cause.
Jonathan Edwards

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Jim Elliot

Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has.
Billy Graham

Faith makes all things possible... love makes all things easy.
Dwight L. Moody

Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.
Charles Spurgeon

Giving is true having.
Charles Spurgeon

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
Charles Spurgeon

Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of.
Charles Spurgeon

Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.
George Whitefield

And from my all time favorite author..
Refuse to be average. Let your heart soar as high as it will.
Aiden Wilson Tozer

prodigal1978
03-12-2007, 07:10 AM
More from brainyquotes.com

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"
C. S. Lewis

Miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature.
C. S. Lewis

Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours.
C. S. Lewis

Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.
C. S. Lewis

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
C. S. Lewis

prodigal1978
03-12-2007, 07:39 AM
While I'm at brainy quotes, might as well post some more. Hope you don't mind. :)

First Lady quotes (you know, the real presidents LOL)

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and diligence.
Abigail Adams

Believe in something larger than yourself.
Barbara Bush

To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.
Barbara Bush

When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
Barbara Bush

Libraries allow children to ask questions about the world and find the answers.
Laura Bush

Become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.
Lady Bird Johnson

Children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.
Lady Bird Johnson

The only routine with me is no routine at all.
Jackie Kennedy

There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all.
Jackie Kennedy

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Nancy Reagan

I have been very happy with my homes, but homes really are no more than the people who live in them.
Nancy Reagan

My life really began when I married my husband.
Nancy Reagan

A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
Eleanor Roosevelt

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
Eleanor Roosevelt

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Only a man's character is the real criterion of worth.
Eleanor Roosevelt

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

The giving of love is an education in itself.
Eleanor Roosevelt

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Eleanor Roosevelt

You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
Martha Washington

prodigal1978
03-12-2007, 08:05 AM
I did a search in the store for Hemingway and didn't find anything. Hope this is not a repeat!

Courage is grace under pressure.
Ernest Hemingway

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
Ernest Hemingway

All my life I've looked at words as though I were seeing them for the first time.
Ernest Hemingway

You're beautiful, like a May fly.
Ernest Hemingway

A few more...
All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
Leo Tolstoy

The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.
Leo Tolstoy

Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Leo Tolstoy

If so many men, so many minds, certainly so many hearts, so many kinds of love.
Leo Tolstoy

CArlyle was a pretty cool Scottish Philosopher

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle

Adversity is the diamond dust Heaven polishes its jewels with.
Thomas Carlyle

Endurance is patience concentrated.
Thomas Carlyle

If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music.
Thomas Carlyle

Silence is more eloquent than words.
Thomas Carlyle

EmmaJean
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi Tina, I really, really need some teacher word art. I am planning to make a LO for my childrens teachers for an end of year gift and can't find that "perfect" stuff. Something to do with what teachers give to the world and how much impact their teaching can have on a child's life forever. Or maybe just a thank you type title or quote. Any of this would be great stuff.

Tina
03-29-2007, 07:37 AM
thanks for all the great quotes!

However, i can only use quotes in the Public Domain. Here is the info on that:

http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/training/Hirtle_Public_Domain.htm

I basically stick with the before 1923 thing!

dogartist
04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Teacher WA would be good for me too :)

Clark2006
04-02-2007, 05:19 PM
I like the idea of tall and narrow word art!! :tup:

coyotef
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
boy scout, cub scout, girl scout word art... service.. Troop, Patrol, do your best...be prepared..duty to God and Country..

Tina
04-20-2007, 12:19 PM
ok bumping again..

what ultra useful set would you like to see?

what sets do you use most often and would you like more similar to them?

EmmaJean
04-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Please, please, please could we have some teacher WA. I REALLY need it! Or maybe teacher doodle go rounds, I love those! But, seriously, I REALLY REALLY need some teacher stuff!!!!

Tina
04-20-2007, 05:38 PM
hope you like these, Emma!

the3chickens
04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Would love more of laugh/joy & family pls :)

Tina
04-20-2007, 08:58 PM
any title/quote suggestions Ann?

Tina
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Where's Fiona? She always has great suggestions!

EmmaJean
04-21-2007, 06:52 AM
Tina, that teacher set is WONDERFUL!!! Thank you SO very much. I can't wait to buy them and get started using them.

Thanks again!!

Tina
04-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Glad you like them Emma!

mommabyrd2003
04-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Tina -

I would like some Sea World inspired art. We're going in May. Splash Zone, Artic Adventure, Chilly Encounter, Luau, Underwater Adventure

Tina
05-21-2007, 07:09 AM
*bump*

honeymoon
05-21-2007, 07:13 AM
I noticed in the Gimme gallery there was quite a few layouts using "A Little Whimsy" that created titles based on the tape measure in the kit. So how about some word art around the word "Measured"

“Measure twice, cut once”

“There is measure in all things.”

“Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures”

“True friendship is not measured in days or decades.”

“Your persistence is your measure of faith in yourself.”

Measure not the work Until the day's out and the labor done” Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth” Charles Darwin

“The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune.” Plutarch

“The value of a friend cannot be measured only treasured”

“You are loved beyond measure”

“Love is space and time measured by the heart.” Marcel Proust (1871-1922)

Which lead me to Marcel Proust

Famous Authors: Marcel Proust (1871-1922)

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”

“Only through art can we emerge from ourselves and know what another person sees”

“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

“There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book.”

“Time, which changes people, does not alter the image we have retained of them”

Hattitudes
05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Hi Tina,
How about some Tea Party and Teddy Bear wordart, dollies as well, sharing, be kind, that kind of thing, you may already have some done, lessons we'd like our kids to learn,

Tina
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Beyond Measure now in store, Fiona!

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5824

Lessons for our children will be soon!

honeymoon
07-02-2007, 04:32 AM
How about a Presidents word art set:

"Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages" George Washington

"I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end" Abraham Lincoln

"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write." John Adams

"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." Thomas Jefferson

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." John Quincy Adams

suvgal
07-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I would like to see some word art with Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather.
I have some wonderful pictures of my mother with her great grandchildren that I would like to scrap

Photo Stuff
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Do you have any Word Art: Solitude?? Looking for the word as well as quotes. Thanks!

Tina
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
finally got the US Presidents one done, Fiona... It'll be in the store soon.

Melissa D. SC
08-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't know if you have this already...

Something along the lines of the Proverbs 31 lady from the Bible or the Titus 2 lady talked about in the bible....

Tesha Gibson
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi Tina, I have looked through the store, and was really inspired by the new 'Scraps of' downloadable about school years stuff. My little girl has just started school, but all the word art is for American grades and sports. Down here in NZ, we dont have grades, we have years eg: the first year of school is Year 1, then onto Year 2 etc on up to Year 13. I think Australia is the same as us too. I would have bought it if I could've made it work for me, but fifth-grader isn't cutting it. The circles are great, aswell as all the other things in it.

I was wondering if someone could come up with some kiwi school word art, including the Years, and some of our sports, such as Netball, Soccer, Rugby, and Cricket. I would be in heaven!

honeymoon
09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Tesha, did you see this set School Years Word Art (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3280). It contains some of the NZ words for schools.

I agree though a mix and match super sports set would be great Tina, a bit like the school set above.

Lots of different sports names, including Rugby, League, Netball, Softball, Gym, Cricket, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Golf, Football, Judo, Karate and anything else you can think of. And then some generic titles like "Watching", "Supporter", "Couch Potato", "Winners", "Champions", "Having a go at", "Playing".

That way you could create title's like "Playing Cricket", "Watching Cricket" "Cricket Supporter" etc.

Tesha Gibson
09-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Yes, I've seen that, but I don't think that two out of the whole set is worth it to buy the kit. My girl has just started Year 1, and I can see a whole lot of opportunities arrising out of this. Thanks for the link though.

Tina
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Tesha, the kit Honeymoon linked, is a mix and match set. All the products are there for all the NZ school years :)

Tesha Gibson
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Had a double look at that kit, and didn't realise that it was a mix and match set. Have bought it now! Thanks so much Honeymoon and Tina, watch my gallery to see all the school lo's comming now!!!!

Tina
10-23-2007, 07:39 AM
bump

honeymoon
10-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Francis Bacon, Sr. quotes

“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake...”

“Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.”

“I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.”

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested.”

“The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery”

“Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.”

honeymoon
10-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Famous Authors: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Kind hearts are the gardens, Kind thoughts are the roots, Kind words are the flowers, Kind deeds are the fruits, Take care of your garden And keep out the weeds, Fill it with sunshine Kind words and kind deeds”

“The dawn is not distant, nor is the night starless; love is eternal.”

“Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.”

“The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books.”

“Into each life some rain must fall, some days must be dark and dreary.”

“There is nothing holier in this life of ours than the first consciousness of love, the first fluttering of its silken wings.”

“The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well, and doing well whatever you do without thought of fame. If it comes at all it will come because it is deserved, not because it is sought after.”

“Youth comes but once in a lifetime”

“It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun.”

“When one is truly in love, one not only says it, but shows it.”

“As I gaze upon the sea! All the old romantic legends, all my dreams, come back to me.”

“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week”

“Hope has as many lives as a cat or a king”

“Sit in reverie, and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind”

“And the song, from beginning to end, I found in the heart of a friend”

“All things come round to him who will but wait.”

honeymoon
10-24-2007, 04:59 AM
It would be cool to have some word art for this poem. Maybe the whole poem and also a piece of word art for each day.

This version and the notes that follow are from Wikipedia.

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

"Some modern versions change the last line to, Is bonny and blithe and good in every way, owing to modern connotations of the word gay."

"In addition, as being 'full of woe' is not a nice fate for any Wednesday born child, the rhyme is sometimes changed to read "Wednesday's child will fear no foe."

Tina
10-24-2007, 07:08 AM
thanks Fiona! I like the new versions best, of course. Esp for Wed, b/c Tate is a Wednesday's Child and I never liked "full of woe"!

Tina
04-27-2008, 08:52 AM
***bump***

I need some new inspiration! I'm out of the word art loop :(

SillyScrapper
04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
How about word art about "Color"

You color my world, etc

Dani B
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I like that idea too -
" Color my World " can be about a lot of things from everything to the world of kids to whatever fills your world.

honeymoon
04-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Still, quite like to have the Monday's child etc set.

Also would love a set for the front of cards (not to stop them going on layouts though), things like.

Just Because
For You
Thinking of You
Just For Being You

Also a set of Happy Birthday in lots of different varieties would be kind of cool too. Birthday Girl and Birthday Boy would be a great addition to this.

Will put thinking cap on for other sets.

Tina
04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Fiona, I just re-read that myself. I think I shall do that.

Tina
05-13-2008, 07:21 AM
currently working on:

Presidents, Longfellow, Francis Bacon Sr.

Would love more recommendations.

suvgal
05-13-2008, 07:36 AM
How about some dealing with graduation...nursery, grammar school, high school, college, grad school

nachtstern
05-13-2008, 08:26 AM
would love some more friends quotes like

Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends. ~Author Unknown

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse

We have been friends together
In sunshine and in shade.
~Caroline Sheridan Norton

I could go on forever ;)

mommabyrd2003
05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Barbara -

Here are some graduation (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=graduation+&search_in_description=1&categories_id=19&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=&x=21&y=12) word art sets in the store.

mommabyrd2003
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Tina -

I'd love some martial arts type stuff. More cheerleading and football would be nice too. I'll be back with some specific ideas.

Cheerleading
A good cheerleader is not measured by the height of her jumps but by the span of her spirit. ~Author Unknown

If cheerleading got any easier, it would be called football. ~Author Unknown

Cheerleaders are angels - we're the only humans who can fly. ~Author Unknown

Football
Touchdown

The Line

Hold 'em back

down - first, second, thrid, fourth

interception

turn over

Football is a collision sport

Martial Arts
Some Warriors look fierce, but are mild. Some seem timid, but are vicious. Look beyond appearances; position yourself for the advantage.
~ Deng Ming-Dao

Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
~ Mohandas Gandhi

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.
~ Tien T'ai

honeymoon
05-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I'd love a sports super set a bit like your School Years Word Art (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3280), where you can mix and match the titles [I may have suggested this before... or was that a dream?].

So have titles like:
"Watching" [insert sport here]
[insert sport here] "Supporter"
"No. 1" [insert sport here] "Fan"
"Our" [insert sport here] "Team"
[insert sport here] "Champions"
[insert sport here] "Champion"
"I love" [insert sport here]
"We love" [insert sport here]

Then have a long list of sports...

Cricket
Basketball
Rugby
Football
Baseball
Netball
Softball
Cheerleading
Duathlon
Triathlon
etc

honeymoon
05-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Music and Life

“Music is the silence between the notes.”
Claude Debussy

“Music, the mosaic of the air”
Andrew Marvell (English Poet, Politician and Satirist. 1621-1678)

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
Hans Christian Andersen

“I call architecture frozen music.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Music is the shorthand of emotion.”
Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

“When words leave off, music begins.”
Heinrich Heine

“Music causes us to think eloquently.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Where there's music there can be love”
French Proverb

“If music be the food of love, play on.”
William Shakespeare

“The earth has music for those who listen.”
William Shakespeare (sneaking suspicion that this one is already in a set)

“Music is the universal language of mankind”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Music is the melody whose text is the world.”
Arthur Schopenhauer

honeymoon
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Famous Authors: George Eliot

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms

Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.

“It is never to late to be what you might have been”

“A toddling little girl is a center of common feeling which makes the most dissimilar people understand each other.”

“Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.”

“Life is measured by the rapidity of change, the succession of influences that modify the being.”

“Different taste in jokes is a great strain on the affections.”

“No man can be wise on an empty stomach”

“Best friend, my well-spring in the wilderness!”

“Adventure is not outside man; it is within.”

“No story is the same to us after a lapse of time; or rather we who read it are no longer the same interpreters”

LOL... Can you tell I should be doing something else...

Tina
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
longfellow, eliot, & bacon are finished.

Tina
05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
In the store now!

Famous Authors: Francis Bacon, Sr (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8204)

Famous Authors: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8202)

Famous Authors: George Eliot (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8203)

honeymoon
05-14-2008, 02:40 PM
They look great Tina.

honeymoon
05-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Famous Authors: Harriet Beecher Stowe

"The past, the present and the future are really one: they are today."

"Friendships are discovered rather than made."

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

"Most mothers are instinctive philosophers."

"So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why doesn't somebody wake up to the beauty of old women"

Aramelle
06-29-2008, 12:50 AM
I would LOVE to request a specific Word Art, if that's possible...?

I've been playing around on and off for a couple of weeks trying to put together one that I like myself, but I just can't seem to get it *right.*

What I would like is for it to say The Never Ending To Do List of the Engaged Couple. I was wanting to incorporate some of the "checklist items" (set date, book venue, etc), but I can't seem to tie it together to look good. :confused:

Robin E.
07-31-2008, 11:15 PM
I searched and SEARCHED the store and couldn't find a word art I had in mind. Yes, I know I can make my own, but you do do it so much better.

So, I suggest "Children's Games" word art. Specifically, I would like something for I Spy. It could just be "I Spy" or "I spy with my little eye" or something like that. To go along with the theme for an entire set, I was thinking things like Slug Bug (surely we aren't the only family that plays this game in the car?), Simon Says, Tag, Hide and Seek, and so on.

SUZANPET66
07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Here's one you should really REALLY enjoy doing. I want to do a LO on my Twilight adventure on the set. How about putting together some word art from some of the fun quotes within the book. Trust me, this will be a huge HUGE hit coming up and these words will be a HUGE HUGE Seller. I know I'm ready to buy! :-)

By the way are you going to the Borders Midnight party for for Breaking Dawn? Can't wait I'm so excited.
Anyway hope you like my idea.
Suz

javajinny
08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree with the extended family idea (aunts, uncles, grands) and the Bible verses.

I'd love some dog word art. Thanks for asking.

Tina
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Just finished Harriet Beecher Stowe :)

honeymoon
09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
How about some African Proverbs to go with the other proverbs set.

"He who learns, teaches"
"When the music changes, so does the dance"
"Seeing is different than being told"
"For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today"
"Our love is like the misty rain that falls softly, but floods the river"
"Where you will sit when you are old shows where you stood in youth"
"One must talk little and listen much"
"Being happy is better than being king"
"Hold a true friend with both hands"
"Rising early makes the road short"

Dani B
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Just finished Harriet Beecher Stowe :)

Is it in the store yet Tina ? I think its one I need to buy. :yes:

Tina
09-20-2008, 07:02 PM
it will be soon, Dani :)

Also finished a new autumn set in the store soon :)

honeymoon
09-20-2008, 09:45 PM
And just like that they magically appear in store (thanks Kim).

Autumn's Bounty Word Art (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8943)

Famous Authors: Harriet Beecher Stowe word art (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8939)

African Proverbs Word Art (http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8944)

You're working quick today Tina... how about some ancestor stamps pretty please.

honeymoon
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Another Famous Author: Oliver Wendell Holmes

“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”
“Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.”
“It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.”
“The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.”
“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
“But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.”
“Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness.”
“When in doubt, do it.”
“A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.”
“The Amen of nature is always a flower.”
“Every man is an omnibus in which his ancestors ride.”
"Pretty much all the honest truth-telling there is in the world is done by children.”
“Life is a great bundle of little things”
“Old age is fifteen years older than I am.”

That last one would make a great card front and inside... eg "Old Age is..." on the outside of the card and "fifteen years older than I am" on the inside of the card. So maybe some card outer/inner word art would be really cool.