PDA

View Full Version : Digital Crop in Inver Grove Heights, MN in August

karlazs
07-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Just wanted to pass on that there will be a digital crop on Friday, August 17th at a store called Ekcetera in Inver Grove Heights (suburb south of Twin Cities), Minnesota. So if any of you are in the Twin City area and want to meet some digi scrappers in the area, bring your laptop and stop by. There is free wireless internet available. If you don't have a laptop there will be a few computers you can register to use as well.

Digital Crop
Friday, August 17th
6 pm - 10 pm
Cost: $5.00
Ekcetera
5719 Blaine Avenue
Inver Grove Heights
Registration Information: http://www.ekcetera.com/AugustSpecialEvents.pdf

Karla

Jenni
07-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi! This sounds like SO much fun! I'm getting an error on the registration information link. Do we need to to pre-register? I checked out their website.....have you been there? Tell more about the DIY photo studio! That sounds awesome! I'm about an hour away, but that would be completely worth it to get some pictures of the kids. Look forward to hearing more about this! :-)

karlazs
07-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Should have been clearer. There is no online registration - it was just a link to the information with a phone number to call and register. If the link won't work (did work for me), you can go to her home page and can click on Upcoming Events and then Digi Crop link. Yes we would like you to register to make sure there is room and so we have counts.
Yes I have been at the store (only once) and I love what the owner is doing there. There is a DIY Photo Studio that is available to rent. I don't remember the exact pricing but I know I thought it was reasonable and plan to use it this fall for my kids. It is just one room and does have professional lighting in the room. You can use your own camera or rent her professional DSLR. I think that is great because you have control over the pictures. I am sure if you call the store they can give you more information then I have.
Hope you can make it!
Karla

Jenni
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks again for this....I called this morning and got all the info. I'm taking my kids up to try out the photo studio on Wednesday.....I'm so excited to give it a try. The crop sounds like a great time but I'll have to find a sitter that evening so that one's up in the air. Are you going?

Jenni :-)

karlazs
07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes I am going - have been wanting to try a crop.

Let me know how the studio works out for you. Hope it goes it well!
Karla

Jenni
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Had to cancel the photo studio thing tomorrow....three of us woke up with strep throat today....WHO gets strep in JULY!?! Leave it to my group...we are trying again next Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

karlazs
08-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Just checking in if you were able to try out the studio and how it worked out? Thanks!

Jenni
08-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes! We did try it out and it worked beautifully. The only thing that didn't work is that I wasn't able to use my own camera. It's a small space and my lens wouldn't focus well with the lighting that close up. Not a problem though....I used their Cannon Rebel for another ten dollars and it worked perfectly. Now, if only my kids would behave like I want them to while we are having pictures taken! :-) I'll be using them for some layouts soon! :-)

minnmom79
08-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I could probably go if I talk to my DH- he would be watching the kids

GailS
08-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I would LOVE to go and meet some DSPers there!!! It's so close to me - only about 20 minutes away!! :)

susaywan
08-11-2007, 08:55 PM
This sounds like so much fun! I'm in South Mpls so this will be so convenient for me. Looking forward to meeting some digiscrappers...all my friends are paper scrappers.

Jenni
08-11-2007, 10:20 PM
OK, seriously! Are all of you going to this? If there are this many DSPers there I'll find a sitter for the evening....dh is going to be out of town and it would be a little over an hour drive. Let me know if you all are really going....there is a paper crop here in town that I usually go to (I'm quite different with my laptop, but they are nice to me anyway!) but the idea of meeting some other digital people is AWESOME! Who is in? :-)

ChristineS
08-13-2007, 08:06 AM
I will be there!

susaywan
08-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I've got a sitter...I'm in!

Jenni
08-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Hey all, this PAINS me to say, but I think I'm going to have to hit the next one. DH is going to be out of town so it would involve a sitter for over six hours. I received the registration stuff for my son's gymnastics and my daughter's ballet yesterday and suffered from some MAJOR sticker shock. I WILL be attending one soon, but I need to wait for DH to be in town. I REALLY want to hear how it goes! You all have a great time and my heart will be there with you! :-)

GailS
08-18-2007, 07:03 AM
I was there, what a cute little store, great classroom for the digiscrappers - There were 10 of us plus the instructor. I sat next to a great gal who posts at another site and even though I don't know PSE at all, it was fun chatting and working through some of the functions the instructor was covering.

I got lost on the way (nothing unusual there) so I was the last one there and introduced myself, but no one piped up and said they were from DSP so I'm thinking no one else was there from here. :(

I did get a peek at the studio - it looks really awesome! There was a young couple there doing their senior photos, they brought all the props and extra clothing with them. I am so hoping to use it next time my daughter comes up. It looks like it has all the professional lighting and backdrops all set up.

Jenni
08-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Oh Gail, I'm SO BUMMED to know you were there and I missed it! As my earlier post, I just couldn't swing a sitter combined with three hours in the car with dh out of town. I was thinking about it all evening with the kids....we made an evening out of High School Musical 2 and had fun, but BOY I wanted to be at the crop!!! Was it more of a class or was it a crop? I do used PSE so it would have been interesting to see what they were doing.

Please think about coming to another one sometime....I would love to chat...in person! I'll be hitting one just as soon as I can. We have used the photo studio. We had a great experience but I did have to use their camera. It's such a small space that my camera couldn't pan back far enough for the lighting to work. No big thing, it was only ten dollars additional.

Glad you had the chance to check it out and thanks for the report! :-)

Jenni

GailS
08-18-2007, 09:56 AM
They're going to email me when they have another! I'll post it here! :)

Jenni
08-18-2007, 10:10 AM
GREAT! Let us know and I'll give it another whirl! :-)

Amanda
08-18-2007, 02:29 PM
We'll be sure to post as well :)

karlazs
08-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Just want to say thanks for everyone who came. There were 8 people (besides me and store owner) who made it and I thought for our first meeting that was great. Looks like we are going to try and meet quarterly and thinking about planning the next one for sometime in the first half of November. When we get the date planned, will let you know.

Thanks to DSP too because everyone who came seemed to hear about it from here!

Karla

Jenni
11-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey, is there going to be another one of these this month? I've been hoping to attend since I missed the last one, but I didn't see a crop on their newsletter....anyone know anything? Maybe I'll just call them.....

GailS
11-04-2007, 07:04 AM
I think they send out a calendar....I'll let you know if I see one!

GailS
11-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Here's a link to their online calendar for November:

http://ekcetera.com/EkceteraNovemberWorkshops.pdf

Jenni
11-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Yep, I saw that one....I think I'll call and ask about it. Thanks for checking into it though! :-)