PDA

View Full Version : Any DSPers in the SF Bay Area, CA? :)

Ted
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

I'm sorry I missed the fun Adobe event! (I'm just MINUTES away! Darn!) and sorry to have missed Linda's visit.

Just wondering how many DSPers on here actually live in or around the SF Bay Area in California?

If this is the incorrect forum, I ask forgiveness. :)

bendipez
03-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Ted, I think there's only a few of us who actually live in the Bay Area !!! I live in Martinez, I belive SailingSue lives in San Carlos and Chellie is in Antioch . SailingSue had a
crop at her studio last year and it was awesome!! We live in such a beautiful area it would be a blast to get all Bay Area DSPers together for a photo walk....

sailingsue
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Just checking in and noticed this post. Yes Ted, I'm very local and in fact grew up in San Francisco. Like you I missed the crop at Adobe last July due being stuck in Canada on vacation and not able to fly back in time. Like Brenda said I did have a crop last year and was definitely considering doing it again this spring/summer if there's enough interest. What do people think????? Maybe I should post a thread asking for people's interest. Tara aka Orange Sue lives down south and was up here at Christmas time when I got to meet her. She said she would be back up here in the summer months to visit family. I know that she would love to join us. Open to all ideas. The crops/get togethers are really alot of fun!!!!!

bendipez
03-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Just checking in and noticed this post. Yes Ted, I'm very local and in fact grew up in San Francisco. Like you I missed the crop at Adobe last July due being stuck in Canada on vacation and not able to fly back in time. Like Brenda said I did have a crop last year and was definitely considering doing it again this spring/summer if there's enough interest. What do people think????? Maybe I should post a thread asking for people's interest. Tara aka Orange Sue lives down south and was up here at Christmas time when I got to meet her. She said she would be back up here in the summer months to visit family. I know that she would love to join us. Open to all ideas. The crops/get togethers are really alot of fun!!!!!

A crop would be a blast, I'm in . No ideas to offer but am ready to show up :lol:

Tara
03-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Yep, I'm from up there and I return often to visit my family. I won't be up at Easter as I'm going to China, but as SailingSue mentioned, I'll be up lots in the summer (especially since my little sis just got engaged and we've got a wedding to plan!). Some of us are also hoping that there will be another Adobe crop...so keep your fingers crossed!!!

sailingsue
03-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Tara, OH! I so hope that there will be another Adobe crop.......pull all the strings you can!!!!!

Ted
03-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I think it would be a lot of fun to meet some local DSPers! :) What I think I'd love most about laptop crops is that I'd only need to bring my laptop! Much easier to load the materials than a traditional crop! ;)

I do have a question... re: Internet access? I have no idea how to get my laptop to get the Internet from other routers, etc.

I would have no problem also hosting a crop! I don't have an enormous home (it's a mobile home --- no, NOT a trailer! hehe)...but if I could host a crop where I had about 7 people AND all their craft stuff, I think I could host a laptop crop. :)

Keep me posted please.

Lynnie
06-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Ted - don't miss it this year!! August 8th, Loads going on - There's a forum and signups, but the registrations are going fast!!

Tara
06-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Yes, Ted - - come join us at Adobe this year! Some of us may also be planning an informal crop or something at another point during the summer...so holler if you are still interested!

volvoguy
06-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Ted, I'll add another call for you to come join us on Aug. 8th at Adobe Crop. I had a blast last year and I traveled from the CT for it and I'm doing it again in Aug.

Ted
06-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Hello all!

I haven't forgotten you at all. :) Thanks, Lynnie, for reviving this thread. I was pleasantly surprised to get an email about it. :)

Where would I find information about the Adobe event? Is there a link somewhere here or at Adobe.com or someplace else?

I am going to a Scrapbook Expo on August 7, but I may have August 8 free.

One thing, however... I don't have a LOT of digital elements, etc. in my arsenal. Regardless, it may be fun just to bring my laptop and learn from you all. :) I'll have to see what my Aug. 8 looks like.

I'll check around for the information on this site. :)

Thanks again for thinking of me!

volvoguy
06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Ted - On the DSP home page there is a link to the information about the Adobe Crop. You need to register in the store to be able to go. The crop is from 9:00 - 6:00 at Adobe headquarters in San Jose. There is a photo walk in San Jose on Friday the 7th as well. There are a number of threads here. (http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=598) Hope you can make it. I had a great time last year in my first contact with this great group of scrappers.

Tara
06-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Don't worry about not having a lot of digital stuff; some people come to crops without a laptop!! That's because some of us get very little done at crops! There will be tutorials, maybe some presentations from vendors (like Wacom), some GREAT doorprizes, food, and tons of fun. It is a great place to learn more or to spend the day shopping in the DSP store/freebie section and enlarging your arsenal! You'll get to meet all sorts of cool people from this site - like Lynnie, Margie (the owner), a bunch of the designers (Lauren, Kim, Christine and my mind is blanking on the rest) and a ton of members. It is soooo fun so COME!!!