PDA

View Full Version : Kit Request: Bringing Home Baby

boobearsmama1
12-18-2009, 10:35 PM
I totally love the kit that Tina made for documenting pregnancy. Would any of you lovely designers like to make a bringing home baby styled kit? Ofcourse we will need frames, wordart, and don't let the fact that I'm having a boy sway you, lol. I am looking for something soft, that portrays emotion and love and welcome home-ness (if that's a word). :)

Any takers? Please, please.... :)

shazzt
12-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Oooh - not long for you to go Lisa!

boobearsmama1
12-19-2009, 10:00 AM
yeah, not long at all. He's actually coming a little earlier than planned. It looks like early Janaury, by csection.

Margie
12-19-2009, 10:05 AM
i'll be sure the designers see this and i better hurry! :D

Nicole Young
12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
OH OH OH ME ME ME!!!! I am going to put out a "soft" baby kit in January (I will hurry and get it done for ya!!!) Cuz I am TOTALLY going to need one too...well...not in January...but you can never be too prepared right??? LOL

SuzanneCWalker
12-19-2009, 01:48 PM
lol, listen to you two hormonally-challenged girls!!! love all our dsp babies!! can't WAIT to meet our new ones!!!!!!!

SuzanneCWalker
12-19-2009, 01:50 PM
OHHHHHHHh! i did an album for a friend of mine who was a surrogate - she gave it to the baby and his family after he was born!! it's called "lisa's gift" - the collection is in the store! :)

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11351

let me see if i can do the html right for the image:

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/bmz_cache/f/f32bd3496560e02fa6a7740d1336479b.image.400x400.jpg

Nicole Young
12-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I totally snagged your avatar idea!!! thanks for the inspiration!!! I didnt want to take a photo of myself!!! LOL

happybeingamom
12-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I will be looking, I am due May 31 here and it seems like forever.

I don't mind a boy kit ;)

Nicole Young
12-19-2009, 05:49 PM
I am going to make it generic (it will probably be a value collection, so maybe 1/2 girl and 1/2 boy stuff! Then EVERYONE can use it!!!)

Wow we are due SO close together happybeingamom! My "original" due date was May 29th...then they decided June 2nd....so I am sticking with the later one, so that I can be excited when its early!! LOL Just not TOO early! Not 9 weeks like my son!

Kathleen
12-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I LOVE the idea of half boy, half girl (for a kit, or VC that is - no hermaphrodite babies, please).

I may need to snag the avatar idea ... although, seems kind of silly now (l4 or so weeks to go for me).

Lisa, I hope the c-section and sooner than expected time frame isn't because of serious concerns!

Nicole Young
12-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Ohhh I cant believe you are so close Kathleen! It seems like this pg is taking a LONG time so far!!! LOL

boobearsmama1
12-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh, Nicole!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant! How exciting! I am really excited that you are going to do one. I love your style. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Are you waiting until January to start it? A value collection is a great idea. I love those.

The dr had actually wanted to do Jan 4th when he decided to change the date, but Jaiden's birthday is Jan 3rd and I really didn't want her to have to share her day. I don't think she'd appreciate it too much. I have an appt on Monday to determine an exact day. It won't be long after that day, I am sure. I've had some really bad moments in my pregnancy, especially this month. I've been journaling about it. I hope to get it all scrapped before he comes. That way I can start fresh with BABY pictures. :) Those are so much fun to scrap.

We are snowed in and I sure hope it stops soon. It's now thigh high! :)

There are so many new dsp babies coming soon! I can't wait. :)

Nicole Young
12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Actually I think I am going to start it this coming week when I have time Maddie is out from school, so Tyler has more entertainment during the day with his big sister home for the Christmas break! I love it when her school has breaks, I get SO much done! LOL

happybeingamom
12-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Actually I think I am going to start it this coming week when I have time Maddie is out from school, so Tyler has more entertainment during the day with his big sister home for the Christmas break! I love it when her school has breaks, I get SO much done! LOL

Looking forward,

Let it be bold and full of life. To many pastel, baby rattles and bottles (which I don't use) out there.

When I mean bold either funky or very, very elegant with bright colors.

I also like when the older kids are home they do keep the little ones occupied.

boobearsmama1
12-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree with the bold and funky, but not too funky that it can't be soft and huggable...I really love the way you do your kits. I love the way you do wordart and titles. I love funky frames (esp the multi ones). Baby items would be cool, but I do hope to see more of the newer style like with the fresh shadowing and BAM in your face type look of a kit. I don't really like pastel colors, but I don't want it to be dark and dreadful. :) We need a welcome home baby kit thats modern and unexpected. :) I know I am of no help, but I'm hormonal, lol.

My dd is home from school b/c of the snow. She wasn't set to get out until the 23rd. I'm happy she doesn't have to go back Monday, though. I hate getting up early, lol.

Nicole Young
12-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Well I just finished a very funky "art journal" kit that actually might be perfect for what you are looking for! But I am also going to do a softer kit for babies too! :)

sammawow
12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, I am excited about everyone's ideas for the new baby kit! I have lots of pictures of when my daughter was pregnant that I need to scrap. And, now, 8 months of my grandson! I have been using Tina's kit for pregnancy and Suzanne's kit series of Lisa's Gift but would love some new ones too!

Nicole Young
12-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey guys! The baby kit (make that KITS) is done!!! I am going to be putting it into the store SOON!!!! (Right after the first of the year!) So watch for it!!! I hope you guys like it! I will put up a sneak peek for you guys soon!!!

boobearsmama1
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
oh come on!!!! let us see! let us see!!! Do you really want all these pregnant woment to start chanting? :) I'm excited and can't wait. Thank you for making it.

Kathleen
12-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I agree... give us a glimpse!

Speaking of pregnant women ... how is everybody feeling?

Lisa, do you have a date yet?

Nicole, any wagers on boy or girl? Won't be long before you find out.

Happybeingamom ... how are you feeling?

Nicole Young
12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, ok!!!! LOL nooo we dont need any chanting preggos around here!!!!

Here is the Small Value Collection (there is also a 3 kit that coordinates that will be the posting bonus when the challenge is out, but you will have to wait on that one!) :D

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/nicoleeyoung80/70_SVC_HushABye.jpg

Nicole Young
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
And Kathleen, I keep going back and forth on whether I think its a boy or girl! I really truly don't care either way! I have one each each, so either way I am happy! Today...if I had to guess...I would say a girl....but yesterday, I probably would have said boy!!! LOL

Nicole Young
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey Kathleen, I forget, what is your actual due date??? You are REALLY close I know, but cant remember exactly HOW close!

happybeingamom
12-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I love the WA in the kit.

Kathleen

You asked how I am feeling? I get very sick from the cold when I am preg (I just can't breath properly) so I am very housebound and major gagging right now. I need some 40 weather right now.

Otherwise I am doing OK and feeling the baby move :D

Kathleen
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, I am really close! Official due date is January 12th ... I was at the OB yesterday, they did an ultrasound to measure the baby's size ... right now she is about 8 1/2 pounds, so if i go full term (two more weeks), add about 1/2 pound a week. Add to that (sorry if there are any men reading this), I'm already about 3cm dilated. So it could really be any time. the family that is the best fit to help with Delaney (middle of the night, pick-up at school, etc.) is out of town on Saturday, so if we can get that far it would make things easier. Of course, I still have things on my to do list, and although sleep is evasive, I feel fine, so I will take whatever time I can get.

Nicole, the kit is gorgeous. I was working on the birth announcement yesterday, and I just might see a thing or two that needs to be added!

happybeingamom
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I have to add Nicole I think the kit will go well with my family's circumcision outfit. It is white with light green flower buds.

I just have to figure out how to take a nice photo of the outfit. It is a white cotton knot and it comes with a hat, shirt, pants and a matching blanket so everyone give me tips to get a great photo of it. It has not been used in years but I treasure it so.

happybeingamom
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Yes, I am really close! Official due date is January 12th ... I was at the OB yesterday, they did an ultrasound to measure the baby's size ... right now she is about 8 1/2 pounds, so if i go full term (two more weeks), add about 1/2 pound a week. Add to that (sorry if there are any men reading this), I'm already about 3cm dilated. So it could really be any time. the family that is the best fit to help with Delaney (middle of the night, pick-up at school, etc.) is out of town on Saturday, so if we can get that far it would make things easier. Of course, I still have things on my to do list, and although sleep is evasive, I feel fine, so I will take whatever time I can get.

Nicole, the kit is gorgeous. I was working on the birth announcement yesterday, and I just might see a thing or two that needs to be added!

Was your other DD full term? Does the Dr think you are going soon?

This is so exciting and I wish you a easy delivery.

Kathleen
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I love the WA in the kit.

Kathleen

You asked how I am feeling? I get very sick from the cold when I am preg (I just can't breath properly) so I am very housebound and major gagging right now. I need some 40 weather right now.

Otherwise I am doing OK and feeling the baby move :D

UGH! Sounds like a doctor ordered trip somewhere south ... wonder if insurance would pay for that!

I have a neighbor who was on bed rest from week 8 through week 37 of her last pregnancy ... I won't go into the details, but I hear that, and I realize how lucky I am to be able to do as much as I do.

happybeingamom
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
UGH! Sounds like a doctor ordered trip somewhere south ... wonder if insurance would pay for that!

I have a neighbor who was on bed rest from week 8 through week 37 of her last pregnancy ... I won't go into the details, but I hear that, and I realize how lucky I am to be able to do as much as I do.

I would so love that but I can't leave the kids.

Kathleen
12-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I have to add Nicole I think the kit will go well with my family's circumcision outfit. It is white with light green flower buds.

I just have to figure out how to take a nice photo of the outfit. It is a white cotton knot and it comes with a hat, shirt, pants and a matching blanket so everyone give me tips to get a great photo of it. It has not been used in years but I treasure it so.

Can you try to take photos of the outfit now? Obviously you will have photos of it being worn, but the outfit won't be the feature of the photo. Then you could do something that not only documents the event, but also the outfit and what it means in your family.

Was your other DD full term? Does the Dr think you are going soon?

This is so exciting and I wish you a easy delivery.

My daughter was late - about 10 days! They really have no prediction as to when this one will arrive. I don't think they will let me go late this time though. No contractions yet. I have high expectations for delivery - first one was quick and easy, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the same!

happybeingamom
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Can you try to take photos of the outfit now? Obviously you will have photos of it being worn, but the outfit won't be the feature of the photo. Then you could do something that not only documents the event, but also the outfit and what it means in your family.

That is exactly what I want to do. I want to write the history of the outfit.

My daughter was late - about 10 days! They really have no prediction as to when this one will arrive. I don't think they will let me go late this time though. No contractions yet. I have high expectations for delivery - first one was quick and easy, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the same!

I am glad it was easy and this one should be too. If you are 3cm already, you eill have less labor then starting at zero.

Kathleen
12-30-2009, 03:10 PM
For a photo, I would try putting it on a pretty hanger, add a little tissue inside if needed and try to photograph it? Maybe just hung on a simple solid colored wall (a baby color, if you have a room painted), or hang it on a shower rod, tape a piece of fabric or something on the shower wall to serve as a backdrop. Use a big aperture so the outfit is in focus and the background is a little softer.

If there are more pieces and hanging doesn't work well, maybe take a baby blanket lightly ruffled up and arrange the outfit on the baby blanket, again use a little tissue if it helps.

happybeingamom
12-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks

You gave me some good ideas

boobearsmama1
12-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Nicole, the kit is fabulous!!!!! You did an amazing job on it. Can't wait to see kit#3.

I will get my actual ceserean date on Jan4th. I am anxious, too. :) He is in an awkward position and I can totally relate to not being able to breathe. He's pressed right against my stomach it seems. I can't sleep at night to save my life. Oh goodness! :) I'm now 33 weeks and have gained 18.4lbs. He was weighing in at 3.7lbs at my last checkup. Because he is positioned so high up, it looks like I have a basketball stomach, lol. I so can't wait to meet him. I'm tired of being pregnant, but isn't it the greatest thing to feel them moving around?! :)

We are thinking of letting him come home in an outfit my dd came home in. It's actually more of a unisex outfit and sooo cute. It's a white sleeper that has writings all over saying I love my daddy... I love my mommy. I am not sure if it will fit him, since he's coming early and he's already little. I am going to bring it with me just in case. :) My dd wants him to wear it, too. We did pick him out another going home outfit, that is preemie sized. It's equally as cute, but no emotional attachment. My dd has already tried to claim it for her dolls, lol.

Even if I don't use her outfit, I may just have to scrap it. I didn't even think about doing that. You guys are awesome preservationists! :)

Kathleen
12-31-2009, 12:01 AM
January 4th ... how exciting!!! I hope it goes really well for all of you Lisa!

Delaney's coming home outfit was a newborn outfit, and it was so small on her (she was over 9 pounds), so I think I have the opposite problem that you do. I seriously need to pack a bag, just in case!!

boobearsmama1
12-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Speaking of bags, we could actually do a packed bag layout, too.... a layout detailing what all you plan to bring to the hospital.

happybeingamom
12-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Nicole, the kit is fabulous!!!!! You did an amazing job on it. Can't wait to see kit#3.

I will get my actual ceserean date on Jan4th. I am anxious, too. :) He is in an awkward position and I can totally relate to not being able to breathe. He's pressed right against my stomach it seems. I can't sleep at night to save my life. Oh goodness! :) I'm now 33 weeks and have gained 18.4lbs. He was weighing in at 3.7lbs at my last checkup. Because he is positioned so high up, it looks like I have a basketball stomach, lol. I so can't wait to meet him. I'm tired of being pregnant, but isn't it the greatest thing to feel them moving around?! :)

We are thinking of letting him come home in an outfit my dd came home in. It's actually more of a unisex outfit and sooo cute. It's a white sleeper that has writings all over saying I love my daddy... I love my mommy. I am not sure if it will fit him, since he's coming early and he's already little. I am going to bring it with me just in case. :) My dd wants him to wear it, too. We did pick him out another going home outfit, that is preemie sized. It's equally as cute, but no emotional attachment. My dd has already tried to claim it for her dolls, lol.

Even if I don't use her outfit, I may just have to scrap it. I didn't even think about doing that. You guys are awesome preservationists! :)

You are very close, so have an easy delivery.