PDA

View Full Version : Resize templates

danoupel
02-27-2011, 09:16 AM
In the shop, you have great templates. I would like to do 8x10 print (I do not want 8x8). How can I resize those templates (with all the layers)? I use PSP proX3.

Lauren
02-27-2011, 12:37 PM
You cant effectively change a square layout to a rectangle in an easy manner - there are 8x10 templates in the store though.
If you like the square format you can always create your layoutat 8x8 and print on your 8x10 paper and then trim the excess - thats what I do

Elisabeth
02-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately, you'd have to resize and crop every layer and it is time consuming on many-layered templates. On templates with just a few layers it's probably doable.
Open the entire template and resize to 10 by 10 at the same resolution. Then copy one layer at a time (building up from the bottom as in the original) to a blank 8 x 10 canvas and arrange it where you think it looks best. Each layer will go off the edge of the canvas on one or both sides (or top and bottom if you're doing a landscape 8 x 10) so you'll have to mind that when filling to make sure you don't move them again unless you mean to.

You'll get something that looks similar enough to the original template after that and probably added plenty of your own creative decisions in the process. I know we have several members who crop to 8 x 10 from 12 x 12 all the time. Unfortunately for them they're in the minority which is why so many of our products are only in 12 x 12, but we marvel at their creativity!

webfrau
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
There is a tutorial here that discusses Resizing quickclick, it uses PSP - perhaps that will help
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/university/tutorials/general_qcresize_ew/general_resizeqc_ew.shtml

guitargirl
02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Another thing you can do is use the template at 8x8 on your page, then fill in the extra two inches on the top or bottom with journaling, elements, etc. I did that with these pages. http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=274598&title=amtrakla-to-san-luis-obispo&cat=6170

Elisabeth
02-28-2011, 10:15 PM
OH that's a TERRIFIC idea, Lisa!