PDA

View Full Version : Southern Ontario, anyone?

SilverHealer
03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Ontarians, put your hands up! I'm in the Toronto area as a new resident and feel kind of alone as far as scrappers go! :)

handkl
03-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Me! Me! Me! I'm one! I am about an hour north of Toronto!

>>aruaL<<
03-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Awww Mary, your living with DH now!!?? YAY!!

:-)

SilverHealer
03-29-2011, 05:07 PM
I sure am! :D I landed back in Canada on Dec. 19th and became a permanent resident that day!! So I'm here for good! :yahoo:

>>aruaL<<
04-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Mary, I am so thrilled to hear this! I haven't a clue how I missed this back in December, but I am happy nonetheless! :-)

My daughter's friend here in town currently has a love in Canada and they are now engaged, he's working on becoming a permanent resident there in Canada. So much work seems to be done to make that happen.... wow. He currently just flies back and forth for now, but I know he will be so happy when the process is over.

Mashi
04-01-2011, 06:36 AM
I used to be! Not any more though, sorry :) But still feel I can say "welcome" to you to Canada!!! I

My daughter's friend here in town currently has a love in Canada and they are now engaged, he's working on becoming a permanent resident there in Canada. So much work seems to be done to make that happen.... wow.

Yep :mad: This is why I have not brought my husband back yet. They don't make it easy. Especially not compared to other countries. Good luck to them, I hope it works out!!1

periwinkle
04-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I live in Southern Ontario! I live in Oakville, which is just west of Toronto. It is good to see that there are others in somewhat the same area.

SilverHealer
04-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Arual: It is a lot of work! :( The process is currently taking 5-6 months to finish on average, if they're applying via the outland process. I wish them the best!

Mashi: Thanks! :D Are you still in Canada?

Periwinkle: That's awesome!!

>>aruaL<<
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I used to be! Not any more though, sorry :) But still feel I can say "welcome" to you to Canada!!! I

Yep :mad: This is why I have not brought my husband back yet. They don't make it easy. Especially not compared to other countries. Good luck to them, I hope it works out!!1

He's having to get letters from family and friends, coworkers, bosses, etc... apparently he has to prove the relationship is legit. I thought that was only in the movies, LOL!!

SilverHealer
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Arual, are they going to wait to apply until they're married? If they do, they don't need all those letters and stuff (although you really can't send TOO much information to Immigration!!), although they will need things like lots of photos of them and other proof that they've been doing stuff together. It doesn't seem to take *quite* as much effort when you apply when you're married (but it's still a lot of effort!!), but as I said, you can't really give too much information! Too much is certainly better than too little, I say!

I think Trevor and I had about 30 pages of photos, supplemental answers describing the evolution of our relationship and things we did together, and described when we got married and who was there etc., Skype records, you name it. These 30+ pages were in addition to the application itself and the required documents, LOL

If you could point them toward the Road to Canada forum, that would be awesome. Then they could share their eventual timeline and any questions they might have :) Myself and other members of the forum would be more than happy to help if needed, and because all of us have gone through/are going through the emotionally draining immigration process, we're good listeners and encouragers if they want to vent!