PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tropical Christmas!

thescrapshak
11-18-2011, 11:46 PM
I live in Florida, we have sand not snow..LOL
I have many great photo's of my daughter running on the beach in her Christmas outfit with a santa hat on and palm trees in the backround. she also made some "sand angels"!
I was wondering if someone could make a tropical type of christmas kit, santa in a bathing suit with rudolph LOL... palm trees a couple of "craft color" snowflakes.. santa in flip flops? I dont know... I need help though!
TIA, Lori

PK
11-19-2011, 12:30 AM
I second the request !!

We here in Australia - and other places below the equator - tend to have warm sunny Christmas times - not a hint of snow in sight.

I'm all for the white Christmas kits - but to me that isn't Christmas, not even traditional Christmas - I want a Tropical summers day Christmas - BBQ and palm trees, sand and pools, sunnies and board shorts type Christmas.

pretty please?

PQ
11-19-2011, 08:11 AM
I live in Florida, we have sand not snow..LOL
I have many great photo's of my daughter running on the beach in her Christmas outfit with a santa hat on and palm trees in the backround. she also made some "sand angels"!
I was wondering if someone could make a tropical type of christmas kit, santa in a bathing suit with rudolph LOL... palm trees a couple of "craft color" snowflakes.. santa in flip flops? I dont know... I need help though!
TIA, Lori

The house next door to me is for sale. Move to Montana. Problem solved.

ScrappyAddie
11-19-2011, 08:45 AM
I think Meryl or Lauren may have already done one. Have you checked the store? Maybe search for Christmas and beach?

PQ
11-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I think Meryl or Lauren may have already done one. Have you checked the store? Maybe search for Christmas and beach?

No, she is moving to Montana. (Pssst........bring warm clothes).

ScrappyAddie
11-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Yes, don't forget the woolies! It is about 40F colder than when I was born.

PQ
11-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Yes, don't forget the woolies! It is about 40F colder than when I was born.

It is snowing right now and it is very beautiful outside.....about three inches of snow on the ground and still snowing.

webfrau
11-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I tend to use the "no snow" xmas kits and there are lots of those - mostly in the traditional red, white and green.
Meryl also has some non-traditional colours in her Blingle Bells series.
Erica's Red Berry Season series are good - grey, red, white with a hint of green.
Lauren's sparkle & shine is non traditional with lots of blues - nice with sunny photos.
I love Lauren's Pohutukawa kit & Coopers Beach - they are very NZ Christmas and i go back to them over and over.

But you can combine lots of kits to get a summery christmas look. I used 12 different kits on this challenge page for CIJ and only a couple are Christmas kits.
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=392155&title=12-elements-of-christmas-round-2-3a-sunny-santa&cat=all

stephanie3
12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_18&products_id=17564 :snowman:

Carla
12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Erica has a Christmas kit for the Beach! Santa in the sun!
http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_18&products_id=17564

OOPS!.. Yeah, same link as Stephanie!