New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
jmnodwell
July '11 Member Spotlight

Photos: 1,048  Users Photo Gallery
Potter Trivia Question

ABC Family channel recently had a Harry Potter weekend so I got to watch all the movies again and I had a question...

On the Marauders' Map, it is titles Mssrs. Mooney, Padfoot, Wormtail, and Prongs.

I've deduced the following

Mooney = Professor Lupin (werewolf and the MOON turns him)
Padfoot = Sirius Black (I heard the nickname used since he likes to turn into a dog)
Wormtail = Peter Pettigrew (turned himself into a rat)

but I can only assume Prongs is James Potter, Harry's dad...

but how did he get the nickname Prongs?

Or is someone else Prongs?

Can anyone here clear up my mystery??? PLEASE???

THANKS!
Joni, SCD's Texas Lovebug (Beau) & Calvin, Emmalin Jane, George, and Clyde (meow & hiss)"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25
jmnodwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
StacieMac
Addicted to this place

Photos: 334  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnodwell View Post
but I can only assume Prongs is James Potter, Harry's dad... but how did he get the nickname Prongs?
You are correct; James Potter is Prongs. He was an animagus who could turn himself into a stag. His large, prominent antlers are his "prongs," hence the nickname.

And now I am seriously considering a Harry Potter marathon of my own, so thanks!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
jmnodwell
July '11 Member Spotlight

Photos: 1,048  Users Photo Gallery
OK, that never came up in any of the movies but I remember Harry thinking he saw his father when he saved Sirius with the Patronus charm the first time... I remember seeing a stag then...

THANKS so much!!! I'll shall have to tell my nephews neither who knew the answer!!!
Joni, SCD's Texas Lovebug (Beau) & Calvin, Emmalin Jane, George, and Clyde (meow & hiss)"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25
jmnodwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Smile!