New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
cindi4146
New to this place

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Wink Scrapbooking for 16 yrs, but new to digital

I've been scrapbooking for 16 years, but just started trying digital. I took some Jessica Sprague photoshop classes and was hooked immediately! I love it and it's environmentally friendly. I'm a grad student in an environmental studies program, so I'm always looking for ways to help the environment. I have 2 daughters, 16 in May and 14 in June. I currently live in North Texas but will be relocating based on a job with my master's degree.

I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum!

Cindi
cindi4146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
PQ
Digital Elite Team
Team Digital Gallery Mod

Photos: 3,680  Users Photo Gallery
Hi Cindi! Welcome to DSP. I was a paper scrapper for over a decade, too.....but once I tried digital, I never looked back! (I always try to be a good steward of the Lord's earth, too). We are so happy that you are here and we look forward to seeing your layouts!

PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
~*Kiana*~

Welcome!!! Glad to have you and can't wait to see your creations!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
ScrappyAddie
DET Alumni
Member Spotlight June '11

Photos: 1,542  Users Photo Gallery
Hi and welcome to DSP! Jump right on in...we're a friendly bunch.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
TalyQ
Digital Elite Team 10, 11, & 14 and Member Spotlight April '11

Photos: 681  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP - you will love it here! Just ask if you need help. Looking forward to your creations.
TalyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
shazzt
DET Alumni

Photos: 793  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome Cindi! I love the lack of waste with digi scrapping - not to mention the fact you never run out of supplies! Hope you enjoy it here

shazzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Margie
RVing the USA

Photos: 747  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome Cindi! I only lasted a few months with paper scrapping. Glad you're here. Hope you enjoy it!
Margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Lauren
Team Alumni

Photos: 3,835  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP - no more dirty fingers either with digital !! Welcome to DSP

Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
Meryl
DSP Senior Designer

Photos: 1,943  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP Cindi! I was never a paper scrapper and from all I have heard, could never be, I don't cope well with "stuff' - would soon have it take over the house! Looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery soon
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
Heidi Nicole
DSP Senior Designer

Photos: 361  Users Photo Gallery
Hey there Cindi! Just wanted to make sure you are finding your way around DSP... I did the exact same thing as you... paper scrapper... Jessica Sprague tutuorials... totally hooked... DSP!!! This is a great community to share, learn, and create! Hope you are doing well and if you need anything, let us know!

Heidi Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
Erica
Team Digital Senior Designer

Photos: 1,365  Users Photo Gallery
Hi Cindi, welcome to DSP we're a very friendly environment too Good luck with your Masters too.

Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Lynnie
DET ALUMNI and Queen Bee

Photos: 1,430  Users Photo Gallery
Hi Cindi,

I hope we didn't scare you away! This is such a fun place to be.

We hope you come back! There's lots going on in July and it will be loads of fun with lots of freebies floating around!

Why don't you join us at our new member chat Wednesday night at 10pm US Eastern Standard Time (it is called The Buzz for NewBees and OldBees). Click here for instructions on joining the chat .
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
TalyQ
Digital Elite Team 10, 11, & 14 and Member Spotlight April '11

Photos: 681  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP! You will love it here. Yes, and digital scrapbooking is so addicting - an NO MESS LOL! Looking forward to your creations. Glad to have you here.
TalyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Lynnie
DET ALUMNI and Queen Bee

Photos: 1,430  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP (again!) I wanted to add a few links for your reference. I think that a lot of us came out of the paper scrapping world and some of us do both still! There are loads of advantages to both and there is no reason you shouldn't give up one to do the other. We have some members who are great at hybrid pages, which use the advantages of both worlds!!

Just to help get you started, here are some helpful links (click on any red underlined links!):

These are a few tutorials you might find helpful if you haven't found them already (lots available in The Campus, but these are great to get you started):

A bit of information about DSP ... There are forums (that is where we are now) where you can get to know people, ask questions, participate in challenges; a gallery filled with layouts posted by other members where you can find all kinds of inspiration, and you can post your own creations to share with the community (and get comments and constructive suggestions if you want to help build your skills, or get stuck on a page); and of course a store (requires separate registration from the forums and gallery) brimming with all kinds of goodies that will keep you scrapping for years!

The Freebie Gallery, has all kinds of stuff you can download to get started.

Digital Scrapbook University (DSU) offers some great classes, from just getting started, all the way through more advanced techniques. Depending on what kind of a learner you are, one of these might be a great place to start. Digital Scrapbooking 101 has some good information on available programs to choose from and other basics to get you started.

Best of all, there is a new member chat! We hope you will come to "The Buzz," on Wednesays at 10pm US Eastern Standard Time. You can find instructions for joining the chat HERE . You'll get to meet some of our members and newbees just like yourself! You can ask questions about the site or share things that you might have learned and you'll get a free page kit for attending!

When you want to get even MORE freebies, you can participate in challenges on the site. For a list of everything going on at DSP - check out our "What's Happening" link and for a list of the current challenges, check out "What's Due!"

And don't forget to sign up for our Newsletter!. If you browse through the old newsletters, you will find some freebies as part of those also!

Feel free to ask questions, there is always someone who can help! I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!

Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Smile!