New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > Learning and Connecting > Gathering and Support > Grannies

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #1546
evergreen100
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 1,023  Users Photo Gallery
Do any of you Aussies or other Down Unders go to the Down Under chat on Wednesday nights? I usually forget that it is on, but have remembered the last two Wed. nights but haven't been able to get in for some reason, don't know if it is my computer or the site. I think DSP might have been down last Wednesday but everything seems to be working here for me tonight except the chat room.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #1547
Cathiemarie
Spotlight Nov '08, Trendsetter Scrappy Winner

Photos: 1,491  Users Photo Gallery
It's not just you Evergreen???

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen100 View Post
Do any of you Aussies or other Down Unders go to the Down Under chat on Wednesday nights? I usually forget that it is on, but have remembered the last two Wed. nights but haven't been able to get in for some reason, don't know if it is my computer or the site. I think DSP might have been down last Wednesday but everything seems to be working here for me tonight except the chat room.

I couldn't get into chat either so I too missed it, and this was the first time I've been able to attend -
Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 AM   #1548
Greenfingers
aka JillGF

Photos: 991  Users Photo Gallery
For Cathiemarie- Happy Birthday and enjoy your weekend. How about an old fasioned Beetle Drive if it continues to rain?

My blog
Old 10-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #1549
RobbieR
Robbie from the DigiHood, Nov 07 Member Spotlight

Photos: 742  Users Photo Gallery
Congrats to Wen, but I agree with others, it's no surprise as pages are always top drawer. Meryl always makes wonderful kits; so lovely to work with.
My Sis is so excited over her grandbaby but she hasn't seen him up close and personal yet, they have to take a trip to Fla. to see the little family. Will be leaving this coming Sunday. He is such a pretty little one, I just loved the photo they sent. I've already scrapped it. If you missed him here he is -
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...0&ppuser=40634. I used to think my Mom was a little goofy the way she fussed over babies but I've become just as goofy. Just love babies - my little one came to visit yesterday. My DD asked her where she wanted to go, the market, Gymboree or Grandma's house and I won. Glad she didn't ask her if she wanted to go to the Animal Park or I would have been in second place for sure. LOL - of course my little one, only two, says Bammaw's house. Those G's are still not quite there. I've got to go find Avril's photo, I'm sure there was a link in the thread but didn't find it so will check the gallery. Have enjoyed reading about everyone's adventures and planned trips. I used to think people that did chats and threads were a little nuts but who knew?? Now I have joined the band and we don't seem altogether nuts. Well at least most of the time anyway. Love to all & happy scrappin'.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #1550
lindyroz

Photos: 560  Users Photo Gallery
Checking In

Hey Girls, checking in . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR 2 RGCers!! Congrats to Wen too, how exciting for u!! I've never done a camera scavenger hunt, sounds like a blast... and what is a Beatle Drive? (I'm almost afraid to ask )

I'm being frustrated here with slow computer, (probably way too many photos and layouts on my hard drive again, need to shift them to my external drive), slow high-speed service, and a batch of bad nerves, not a good mix. I'll be AWOL again Friday, having minor surgery on my lower spine, needles & radio frequency waves to deaden the pain path near a bulging disc, hopefully that will help the chronic pain from my waist to my toes, and if God is looking in, maybe the radio waves will be playing country music to sooth me through the process.

Did a new LO the other day when we couldn't get on here CC is welcome, did I get the photo itself too large?) LO link I was looking at Ann's (Isshinryu mom) LO for inspiration, does that make it a scraplift? The link for Ann's LO is in my description block. Thank you Ann.

Your all in my thoughts and prayers, have a great day!

Had to try that Link with words Tutorial , hope it worked...
Old 10-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #1551
omio
Oh Me, Oh My

Photos: 201  Users Photo Gallery
Lindy, I do wish you good luck with that procedure -- it's so hard to concentrate and get things done with back pain. Also, you might want to read my post re acupuncture at http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...postcount=1113. I think that was written before you joined this happy little band.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #1552
LauraLou
Member Spotlight July 2005 SNOWBIRD: I love the sun, not the snow!

Photos: 2,101  Users Photo Gallery
Lindy, I will be thinking about you. I have been blessed with a good back but I have a dear friend who has had so much done they finally implanted a morphine pump. She is so much younger than I am I actually feel guilty. Here is hoping this all works for you.

Different parts of DSP seem to be down this week, depending on when you try to access the gallery, chat room, forums, whatever. I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and it shows a red X in the bar when it is the site and not your computer. Thank goodness I discovered that as I was about to spend a lot of time trying to "fix" my computer.

The Tigers are behind in the World Series 2 games to 1, but I have hope and know we are just SO glad to be in the Series.

Ok...now to wait it out until I can see the links you all have posted today.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #1553
lizzanne
I live at this place!

Photos: 166  Users Photo Gallery
OK ...going to try posting this once more...not having very good luck today in the DSP dept. Pages just not available everywhere!!
First off......whats a Beatle Drive....?? I'm anxious to hear about this one too since i'm going away with my preschool buddies this weekend. We've done some crazy things in the past but I don't think this is one of them. Althoughwe've had a few leaks. We laugh till we leak on this particular fun filled weekend.I took off last week for a few days with my sisters and went to Cedarburg and Lake Geneva Wisconsin..had a blast. But we don't do anything crazy. Cathy ......happy birthday! Have a great weekend. It's so much fun to get together.
Lindy ..good luck tomorrow and love the layout.
Robbie.....baby is as cute as can be and what a compliment to that fabulous layout of yours he is!!
Saint Donut ...good to see you. Have a great time with the parents....where did they travel from?
Now Deb....about the size of the card. I just made it so it looked like a card. I started out with a 5x7 inch and went from there. I thought when someone said card.....i was thinking like hallmark or something ....lol. no? not right?
another brain fart on my part? Anyways ..thats what I did and then I just filled it in ....LOL. I'm good at filling in ya know...check out the cheeks!!!....lol.
ok ....i'm going to try and get some things done around the house.
hugs to all I missed reading posts from ..i'm just not being accepted well in DSP today and can't drive right I guess.....ttfn...hugs !

Old 10-25-2006, 12:43 PM   #1554
lindyroz

Photos: 560  Users Photo Gallery
TY Omi re: acupuncture. I went and read that post, how great it worked for u! I had tried that many years ago, but it didn't help don't know where he was trained, and now my insurance doesn't cover it. I'm like u, if they can't get it fixed in a normal time frame of visits, move on.

Thank u girls for ur support. This will be the 4th round of needles down there. The last 2 were to see if this next procedure would be feazable (sp?), it's supposed to be a long lasting fix. Then we start the same thing on my lower neck,upper shoulders for several herniated discs. Why can't they just fix the discs and be done with it?

Had to reset my router, now the internet connection is working better, so I'm off to the galleries... can't wait to see what everyone's done!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #1555
omio
Oh Me, Oh My

My sister-in-law gets this done with lots of success, Lindy.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #1556
omio
Oh Me, Oh My

Just received this and thought all of you would appreciate it.

I AM THANKFUL

For the wife who says it's hot dogs tonight
Because she is home with me and not out with someone else.

For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato,
Because he is home with me and not at the bars.

For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes
Because it means she is at home and not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay
Because it means I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party
Because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug
Because it means I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work
Because it means I am out in the sunshine

For a lawn that needs mowing,
Windows that need cleaning,
And gutters that need fixing
Because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government
Because it means I have freedom of speech.

For the empty spot at the far end of the parking lot
Because it means I am capable of walking
And I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating bill
Because it means I am warm.

For the lady behind me in church who sings off key
Because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing
Because it means I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
Because it means I have been capable of working hard.

For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
Because it means I am alive.

And finally, for too much e-mail [and too many posts on RCG ]
Because it means I have
Friends who are thinking of me.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #1557
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Photos: 415  Users Photo Gallery
A big Amen to that Sister Omiof5... Happy birthday to our 2 birthday gals... Good lucky Lindy with your back procedure.. My hubby has been your route.. Helped him for many years but just this past June he finally went the back surgery route... Still re-couping but doing very well.. Loves finally being pain free... Ok just stopped in hoping to hear from Howard and Carma... It's been nearly a week since we last heard a peep from her..Ok off to do some sticky beaking..
Old 10-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #1558
yhalos

Photos: 385  Users Photo Gallery
Hi..you know I thought I was the only one with problems sneaky beaking aroung DSP, glad to know it's not me. Lindy, I wish you well during your procedure and will pray that everything goes well. You know us RGC'ers are
good at that kind of stuff. Robbie , you know that little one is just soooooo
precious, makes me want to have...oh no, just kidding. Lizzanne , I think I
just might have had one of your brain farts, you crap me up. Lauraloub, don't worry you know what they say, it ain't over til it's over, that's the fun of the game. Omi, "I Am Thankful" is just very inspirational, makes us
think about all the things that really are important in our lives it was
wonderful to read. I agree with Kim, kind of worried about Carma, she
hasn't been around for awhile, let's hope it's nothing serious. Howard is
probably having a hard time keeping Kay off the young , and hunky MD, he's just afraid to leave her alone with him...Well sweet ladies, I'll be back
later to catch up til then...(((((hugs)))) to all, and a really big one for the
birthday girl , Cathie , this is for you ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))).

Old 10-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #1559
Cathiemarie
Spotlight Nov '08, Trendsetter Scrappy Winner

Photos: 1,491  Users Photo Gallery
Did anyone make a note here for HOWARD, when he checks in, that Kay had an overwhelming major vote on her LO for the September Lyrical challenge. WOW wtg Kay. I think this is the link to the post KAYS WINS . The link is not quite right but you'll get the gist of it and the LO
Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #1560
JaeDee
Proud Member of Team Digital--Moderator

Photos: 1,377  Users Photo Gallery
Warning: You may want to put you drinks down!
I had the strangest dream last night! I dreamed that my DH and I went to South Africa to met Meryl! We went to her "studio". It was sort of a cave with lots of different rooms and paths! (I told you it was strange). We wandered around for awhile looking at all her kits on the walls of the cave like an art gallery. Then I had to go the the bathroom (like always--I'm lucky I didn't wet the bed) anyway on the way to find the potty I broke a beautiful vase of Meryl's!! I was devastated!!! (I told you it was strange). When we finally found Meryl she was like sitting on this beautiful throne like chair signing paper copies of her kits. She was very gracious about me breaking her vase and then signed my paper copy of her Happy NooNoos kit. I even got a hug!! From this point things got really strange as dreams do--so I dont think I will eat mustard green after 8 pm again (my first time trying them).

Lindy good luck with your proceedure!

"See" you in the chats!!
JaeDee

Closed Thread

Tags
clever cookies, git, gogos, gran-a-rama, grannerooni, granny, granny thread, leaks r us, rgc, rgcers, sticky beaks, wise old birds, wise women, wos, wvs
Smile!