New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > Learning and Connecting > Gathering and Support > Grannies

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #196
wen2tap
Addicted to this place

Photos: 236  Users Photo Gallery
Hi ladies, stumbled on to this thread and I nearly pissed myself laughing. A good tonic for case of the blues (missing my kids 2 boys aged 23, 24 who live across the ditch in aussie) Kay love the poems, I'm a grammy in training , well I think? DS no 2 just got married and they better get cracking. I gotta learn the ropes. Donut I thought I hadn't seen your comments for awhile now I know why, that power outage really caused some probs, lucky for me DH has just built what he calls SUPER HAL the computer from hell.. boy is that thing fast, now he's crabby cos I'm a puterHOG.LOL. You ladies have been keeping this on the down low for awhile hope you dont mind me jumping in sometimes.
thanks for laughs feel loads better.
Oh sorry should have intro myself , my name is Wendy & I'm a displaced AUSSIE in donuts area NZ...who is totally addicted to digi scrapping for the past 6 mths. (& I cant see that changing. AT ALL)
Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #197
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Photos: 349  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome Wendy, It is hard at first when your kids leave the nest. Hope they are close enough to visit. One great thing about our lives now is the internet so we can keep in such close touch with each other. You will be happy to know that we do traning sessions for those ladies who are not yet grandmas yet. Just keep tuned in and we will give you some hints. We also try to solve one anothers problems, such as how to get rid of wrinkles. We have not solved all the problems but we are enduring them much better now that we have found one another. Kay is even crossing over to Donuts daughter Emily helping with home work. No job is too small or too large that we grandmas cannot help out by giving solutions or suggestions. We are active, we have the fastest typing fingers on the web. Hop right in and enjoy some light heartedness. Beautiful day here in the area I live in Sunny and expect to get to about mid 90s. Would be another nice day to take a float in the pool.

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #198
wen2tap
Addicted to this place

thanks for the warm welcome Carma, can't solve the wrinkle problem, other than to say my DH works for L'oreal & I have tried everything, & I mean everything.lol
told him anything with the words anti-wrinkle, age defify comes home immediately!. still havn't found the magic one yet... but will keep you posted if I do. DH is amazed by what we women will plaster on our faces. lol..
Its cold & stormy here, could do with some sunshine. But a good day to just sit & do some LO's...
Old 06-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #199
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

I will box you up some sunshine and send it down...we don't mean to be selfish with it. Yes, it is amazing what we try to do to keep from getting wrinkles, I figure I earned them all and should be proud of them. I have a daughter that is an internist and she does so much botox on people, it is unbelievable. and it isn't cheap, and when they have it done the areas are numb...I sure don't want to be numb. LOL...oh well they look great. I have got 3 LOs under my belt today...has been nice and productive.

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #200
dagwood
Just call me Daggs

Photos: 910  Users Photo Gallery
Hello all you hippy grannies. I was sooo pleased to find this thread. DSP is such a large site and I am still exploring it. I have so far only read up to page eight and hubby thinks I have gone mad, sometimes laughing out loud, and some times reaching for the tissue box. I have been a granny for one year now and it is the best time, even if done long distance. My little grandson lives 2 hours away by plane or 2 days hard driving or 6 weeks walking. (6 months crawling) I think it is the smells that I miss the most. You cannot beat baby smell.

I am going to get a cuppa and a donut (for the wrinkles) and finish reading the other 8 or so pages. Have you covered chin hairs yet, I am sure the answer will be here somewhere?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #201
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Chin hairs oh my gosh, No that is not a subject that we have got to. The other day when I got my hair cut though the beautician came at me with her clippers and I said stop...she said well you have a wild hair above your eyebrow. Goodness I had never seen it and let her clip that off. But I thought she was after what I have left of my eyebrows...don't let anyone cut your eyebrows off.

Old 06-17-2006, 07:08 AM   #202
dagwood
Just call me Daggs

I am still madly reading, and have got up to page 12. All you lovelly Grannies are a wonderfly support for each other. I think I will print out the last 3 pages and take them to bed with me as my eyes are getting tired (and I am too vain to admit that I probably need glasses)

I am waiting for it to get dark.
After dark hubby and I go out to play!! Now that we are empty nesters we can skinny dip in the spa with a scotch and coke (pink gin)........
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #203
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
Hey everybody !! Have'nt been here for a while and what a lovely surprise !! Wendy !! Another trainee !! Ahhh..we silver surfers love to grab them while they're still young enough to mould into truly awesome reprobates ..stick with us honey and you will be WONDERFUL ..just like our one and only priceless Donut without whom our cyber lives would not be worth living !!PLEASE pop in OFTEN ...wer'e really very chuffed you took the time out to say hello !BTW ..with your DH at L'Oreal..perhaps he could use his influence and market Donut's wrinkle -goze protifilly things (you'll have to ask her or Jill how to spell that !)and make her rich & famous !!And then Daggie ..huge welcome ..but you poor poor thing ..don't know whether to laugh or cry for you, having our posts as night time reading material !!!!! I LOVE your avatar and your naughty night time games ..sure beats getting up to feed the baby !! (LOVE being a Gran !!) I tried skinny dipping in our pool once but was terrified of being spotted and turned the lights all off only to be molested by the creepy crawly in the dark (that's what we call those hose pool cleaners ..not the nice bronzed ones like in Desperate Housewives ..otherwise I would be telling a different story .) I nearly had a heart attack and leapt out ..VERY inelegant..so quickly.. never to try THAT again !! I read something about "when I was young I used to skinny dip ..now I just chunky-dunk !" May be a pink gin would have helped ?? Maybe two and I might have goosed it back !!! I was going to ask Carma about her flooting noodles again but somehow this does'nt seem the time ...........??Anyway..looking forward to having you onboard !(and I LOVE it that your'e still vain ..LOLOL!!!!)You seem to be very busy Carma ..but whats this nonsense scrubbing floors and the like ??You're setting a terrible example here so next time you feel the urge to do something silly like housework ..take an Advil and wait for the feeling to pass !! Poor poor Donut ...have you come out in spots yet ?? We all feel your pain and hope that poor Petal is soon home and back with her doting Mum !! Even Dr Em can't help with this one my friend ..so just be brave and know that wer'e all sending sincere cyber wishes to see you thru' these awful days !!! And Kim ...your red thread seems to be straing a wee bit my friend ! Take big breaths and eat lots of chocolate (maybe have a skinnydip !!!LOL..like there's any privacy in your household !!) Hope you're having a good break Jill and taking millions of pics ..how's Melbourne ..is'nt it time for the Races ?? Well ..as you can see ..I have no news .!! Just touching base and wishing you all a happy weekend !! Please take heed of the following warning ..it is really quite serious and could EASILY happen to you !!! Big hugs ..Kay
Old 06-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #204
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
Warning:

This is a heads-up to those friends who haven't experienced it yet, and an explanation to those friends and family who have.
My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. It was just that quick. I went to sleep in my body and woke up with someone else's thighs. The new ones had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Who would have done such a cruel thing to legs that had been mine for years? Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans and Sheer Energy pantyhose.

Then, just when my guard was down, the thieves struck again. My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear end (although badly attached at least three inches lower than my original) to the thighs they stuck me with earlier. Now, my rear complimented my legs, lump for lump. Frantic, I prayed that long skirts would stay in fashion.

It was two years ago when I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and I watched horrified but fascinated as the flesh of my upper arms swung to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary. My body was being replaced one section at a time. How clever and fiendish.

Age? Age had nothing to do with it. Age is supposed to creep up, unnoticed, something like maturity. NO, I was being attacked repeatedly and without warning. In despair, I gave up my T-shirts. What could they do to me next? My poor neck disappeared more quickly than the Thanksgiving turkey it now resembled. That's why I decided to tell my story. I can't take on the medical profession by myself.

Women of the world, wake up and smell the coffee. That really isn't plastic that those surgeons are using. You KNOW where they are getting those replacement parts, don't you? The next time you suspect someone has had a face "lifted", look again. Was it lifted from you? I think I finally found my thighs - and I hope that Cindy Crawford paid a really good price for them!

This is not a hoax. This is happening to women in every town every night. WARN YOUR FRIENDS.

P.S. I must say that last year I thought someone had stolen my breasts. I was lying in bed and they were gone! As I jumped out of bed I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #205
wen2tap
Addicted to this place

The body snatchers have a wide net, cause there been here too! I posted a reward for the return of my body, but nobody took me serious...
Gotta say Kay is this a conspiracy? & why wasnt I warned before they snuck in!.
I'm trying to hide whats left of my assets now behide layers & more layers.
But I'm sure they are staking me out, I can feel them lurking....
Not so worried about the boobs, I just roll them up and tuck them in now , could do with a new set. (I was pretty agro when I found out these no warrantee on those puppies)
Thanks for the heads up, its comforting to know your not alone.. stay alert because I'm sure there coming back for more......
Old 06-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #206
dagwood
Just call me Daggs

The body snatchers made it down here as well. I think they must have done their apprenticeship with Father Christmas as the fairy godmother would never do anything like that to us lovelly ladies. Kay I have really enjoyed all your lovelly poems and I could not help myself but I had to scraplift the poem about Missing Granny's to one of my pages. Sorry I have only been here for 5 minutes and taking liberities already. Are there rules about this sort of thing?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #207
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Morning..wow I really slept last night and yesterday, things have finally caught up to me. If felt good when I woke up and discovered that I had slept so well. Took a 3 1/2 hour nap yesterday afternoon...wow I though I wouldn't sleep last night but suprise of suprises, I slept a full 8 hours. Now I am ready to attack like again. Today being Father's day I am going to fix a special dinner for my hubby, gotta finish wraping his gift from the puppies and I. Then the day is mine to do scraping etc. Hubby will probably sleep a good deal of the morning, that seems to be his pattern now. He had a rough day yesterday, gets upset stomach so much, I think it is the pain patches. We tried to go to lunch yesterday and he got sick in the middle of it. Not a fun thing to go through. But good news, the sun is shining and the puppies are ready for a nice romp in the yard. So I better get to it. I am sure the body part snatchers have been here too, I just try to ignore it. Keep thinking of that song that says blue skies are going to come again, put on a pretty face. or maybe it was a happy face and spread sunshine all over the place, just put on a happy face. LOL Happy week end.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #208
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Kim You got a surgery date yet for your husband?

Old 06-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #209
Ang
Yay I can choose my name!

Kay you aboslutely slay me. I can totally relate to everything you wrote. I sure get my laugh for the day reading the postings each day. It of course is father`s day and I am feeling a bit lost as It is days like this I miss my late hubby. I wish all the grandpa`s and daddies out there a happy father`s day. I am so glad I have my computer it keeps me occupied when I am home. Spend all my spare time here. Carma I sure hope your dear hubby gets through this rough patch and I am sure he will with your loving care. It is rainy and miserable here and has been for a week so am lookin forward to some sunshine. My daughter and gd Amy visited for the day yesterday and seeing their smiling faces always cheers me up. Hope all you dear grans have a great weekend.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:31 AM   #210
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Photos: 415  Users Photo Gallery
Holy crusty crevices you guys are hard on the leaking parts…Chin hairs, body part snatching, skinny dipping, and OMG Kay I will never be able to look at another floating noodle or auto pool sweep the same way again….LOL…. Wendy, Dagwood welcome to the RGC’s and I can see you both are going to be perfect additions…Be forewarned this little corner can almost be as addictive as digi scrapping!
Wendy your avatar is HOT….I see L'oreal influence…Love it! And if it‘s indicative of what‘s in your gallery I am going to have fun bopping around in it…As for what woman will plaster on their faces I remember a craze some years back when women were using urine soaked diapers of “newborns” as masks… Had to be a “newborn”…Pretty sad stuff.. I really think women hating “men“ think this stuff up as a way to entertain themselves.. I have also been thinking they are to blame for some of the more hideous fashion trends we sometimes see ..And maybe they are to blame for the body part snatch & swaps as well.. LOL…. Thanks Kay for clearing up that little mystery…
Dagwood your Avatar is so darn cute… And really captures what I think we all feel at times.. I am so sorry to hear your little grandbaby is not with in hugging (or smelling )distance … They are all so precious and grow so fast.. My one little granddaughter, Emma, is home for a few days. I haven’t seen her for just a few short months and already the change in her is amazing…We just celebrated her first birthday last night.. She was hilarious with her cake …. This one is going to be our comic grandchild for sure… Ok girls I need to get some scrapping done…. Thanks all for some great reading to start what I hope will be a great day.. Peace Out….
Closed Thread

Tags
clever cookies, git, gogos, gran-a-rama, grannerooni, granny, granny thread, leaks r us, rgc, rgcers, sticky beaks, wise old birds, wise women, wos, wvs
Smile!