New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > Learning and Connecting > Gathering and Support > Grannies

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #76
evergreen100
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 1,023  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma
Ok, I found out how to not have a lot of wrinkles.....you ready to know?
I just fill them in with fat.
OK, I have been filling the wrinkles with fat over the past few years but the they are still there. What do you suggest?

Love your "twin" story, Carma, very funny. Hope your hubby is feeling OK today.

And Ang, I am sorry to hear about the lupus, but pleased to know you are still mobile. You must feel sad for your twin. I am continually amazed by the "twin syndrome"

And Kay, I think those matches have caught the whole house alight today!

And yvspeck, I am so pleased your shower is clean.

And Donut, I am sure you are joking about feeling 65, you are just a chicken yet but we have adopted you into this club on an apprenticeship so I hope you are taking in all this educational and high tech stuff we have been discussing?

Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #77
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Photos: 349  Users Photo Gallery
What do I suggest for your wrinkles.....hmmmm well I am considering going to one of those noon hour face lift places that do not use surgery to tighten up the face and neck area...but wow is it expensive I hear. You also have to keep going in...so????? Then there is Botox, I am afraid of it myself, but have 3 daughters who are using it and love it. I am the wimp of the bunch in my family...I think I will just grow old gracefully....if I can.

Thanks for the wishes about my hubby, he is having surgery on the 24th, until then he is laid up here at the house. He is having spinal fusions done and is at moderate risk for complications with his heart. So just keep us in your prayers... I will keep you updated....He has been home bound since Sept. He keeps a good spirit and has been easy to please. Just hard to watch him suffer.

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 05-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #78
Ang

Carma I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Hope all goes well with his surgery and a speedy recovery. It is hard to see them in pain. It was hard for me to see my late husband suffer so. God took him home and eased his pain. I miss him so but I know he is in a better place and will meet him there someday. God Bless you and your family.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #79
Donut

Photos: 957  Users Photo Gallery
I came back to this thread after reading the comment about wrinkles, as I had something funny to share, but then I read the next few posts, so I just want to first say Carma, you and your husband are in my thoughts, I do hope everything goes well and smoothly with the op. You are a wonderful person looking after him so well and doing it whilst keeping your sense of humour and making the rest of us smile as well! As for wrinkles, I dont see any!

Jill, yes, I am taking it all in thanks, I will be keeping notes soon so as i can be the best prepared Granny ever!!!

What i was going to say is this - This morning when we were getting ready for school I decided to skip the shower (practicing at being smelly?!) as we were running late, so I quickly pulled my hair back into a ponytail. Emily(just 10) was standing behind me when she saw it, and said "Oh Mummy! That looks so pretty! You look really young with your hair up!! I like it!" I turned around to give her a big hug and a thank you!.....Then she went and spoilt it...."Well, from the back you do, now you turned round I can see your wrinkles!!" We laughed so hard and she got a jolly good tickling for that!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #80
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Thanks Ang and Donut...oh I am glad that I found this group of ladies to chat with... you are so much fun.
Ang I am sorry for your loss...but I know it was good to have him with out pain.
Donut...that was a funny story...just keep your back to her and your hair in a pony tail... I had a friend that in her late 40s and early 50s always wore two pony tails...one on each side they may call them some thing else...she looked like Gidget in the movies. I always got a kick out of her. Last time I saw her she didn't have them and she has lots of wrinkles...too bad she doesn't still wear the pony tails. LOL. I got a kick out of you saying she got a jolly good tickling for her comment. We all need a jolly good tickling every once in a while. ehehehee

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #81
evergreen100

I also hope everything goes well for your hubby Carma, it is very hard to watch your loved ones suffer but you sound as though you are doing a great job taking care of him at home. I hope this thread is giving you a chuckle every so often. I know I have been chuckling away this morning!

Regarding the wrinkles - I don't think I wll be doing the Botox thing or the face lift. After all, I don't have to look at my face very often and others are too polite to tell me Except for the grandchildren of course who are brutally honest at times. Such as Maddie's "Why do you have stripes on your face?" And Sam, who had a lenthgy and in depth conversation with me regarding my extra chin

Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #82
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Photos: 415  Users Photo Gallery
Archives (don't look in here, really!) :)

Oh I just love the twin stories and Donut's pony tail story is just too funny.. Kids really do say the funniest things...Hey I have a good remedy for wrinkles... Stand on your head.... LOL....What falls down has to fall up when you stand on your head.... Well you could at least do it for photos... Na..... That's what photoshop is for.. LOL.. Really I am proud of my wrinkles... I earned every darn one of them and I figure it really doesn't matter what you do with them.. sooner or later they are going to be a part of your life so best just make friends and get on with it..:+)
Carma my hubby is having fusion done too..... L5 and S1... He just finished with the DISCO GRAM ( how's that for a funny sounding test), CT, bone scan blah, blah, blah.... Surgery date is next... Mid June we are thinking.....No other health problems though so we are thankful for that much.... We both will be really happy when it is all over and life can get back to semi normal.. Will keep good thoughts for you and yours....
Congrats on the grand baby to be Ang... We have a new one due in October and another in Dec.. So let see that is August for Kay, October for me, Nov for Ang, Dec for me... Very cool... I see great new GB LO's happening.... Take Care All...
Old 05-18-2006, 12:20 AM   #83
evergreen100

I love your attitude to wrinkles Kim (yvspeck). I am taking it on board because I can't stand on my head! Best wishes to you and to your husband for his operation.
Donut, I loved your reaction to your daughter' comments ("she got a jolly good tickling for that") . I can tell you are a great Mum and will be an even greater Grandmum, specially now that we have taken you under our RGC wing and are training you
This thread is very popular, on page 6 and 80+ replies!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #84
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

LOL.. EG I can't stand on my head ether... Hey Kay I forgot to mention how naughty my little "inner" child has been lately... Got any suggestions on how I can get the little bugger to but down those matches???????? LOL
Old 05-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #85
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

I remembered a wrinkle story that my friend told me about 15years ago...she had one of her grand kids in the basket at the grocery store in the little seat that faces the person pushing the cart...the child kept looking at her and studying her and all of a sudden she said "Grandma who broke your face"

Old 05-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #86
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

ONe time when I was teaching Sunday School a little 5 year old used to like to sit right next to me and she would caress one of my hands, about 3 weeks into the hand holding she looked and me and said " you poor thing, we need to pray for some new skin for your hands, do they hurt?" I had been on prednisone for about 30 years and my skin had turned very thin and wrinkled on my hands. She was obsessed with my poor as she called them hands.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #87
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Kim, Good luck on the surgery too...not a fun thing. hard to have a hubby down. mine is only able to walk with the help of a cane or a walker right now. It will be a relief for him to get this over with. A Disco gram...hmmm don't recall that test but it sounds like a dance to me! LOL sorry it isn't funny. Loved looking in your gallery.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #88
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Thanks Carma.. Love, Love the broken face story......
Old 05-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #89
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
This is for members of the RGClub ONLY!!! No one else will understand......

I've seen two shows lately that went on and on about how mid-life is a great time for women. Just last week Tricia had a whole show on how great menopause will be....

Pleeeeeeeze!

I've had a few thoughts of my own and would like to share them with you. Whether you are pushing 40, 50, 60 (or maybe even just pushing your luck) you'll probably relate.

Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.

In mid-life women no longer have upper arms, we have wingspans. We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag.

Mid-life is when you can stand naked in front of a mirror and you can see your rear without turning around.

Mid-life is when you go for a mammogram and you realize that this is the only time someone will ask you to appear topless.

Mid-life is when you want to grab every firm young lovely in a tube top and scream, "Listen honey, even the Roman empire fell and those will too."

Mid-life brings wisdom to know that life throws us curves and we're sitting on our biggest ones.

Mid-life is when you look at your-know-it-all, mobile-wearing teenager and think: "For this I have stretch marks?"

In mid-life your memory starts to go. In fact the only thing we can retain is water.

Mid-life means that your Legs have more red and blue lines than an accurately scaled map of Birmingham

Mid-life means that you become more reflective... You start pondering the "big" questions. What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important.

We realize that breasts sag, hips expand and chins double, but our loved ones make the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you have now for the body you had way back when?

Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to hold all the wisdom and love we've acquired.

That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it!

Love ya all !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #90
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Oh this is so funny but so true... hmmmm would I change the knowledge for the body I left behind? WeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I guess not. I am pretty happy right where I am at.

Closed Thread

Tags
clever cookies, git, gogos, gran-a-rama, grannerooni, granny, granny thread, leaks r us, rgc, rgcers, sticky beaks, wise old birds, wise women, wos, wvs
Smile!