New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > Learning and Connecting > Gathering and Support > Grannies

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #91
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
Hey all the Grandmas (and Donut !!) you've all been very busy !! So many lovely stories..I've been laughing so hard my DH thinks I've lost it ..not such an unusual state I might add ! Ahhh ..the wrinkles ..OMG Kim..if I stood on my head I would HATE to know the repercussions of that although I love the logic behind it ..I think Botox would be less painful ! Nah..Donut has the right idea ..just need to pull the elastic tighter and swop daughters with someone who has a short sighted one ! Oh Carma and my poor SK ..so sorry both DHs are ailing ! This is not good ..it's bad enough when they have a cold never mind something serious like back surgery . A DISCO GRAM ??????? Good grief ...!! Times they are a-changin'. Do they have to stay flat on their backs after ? I was going to say I'm rooting for you both ..here that means I'm gunning for you but in Aus I think it's quite rude to say that !! Just know LOTS of cyber hugs and good wishes are coming your way !! My Howard had a discectomy (?) 8 years ago ..we were still "courting" then LOL .and after the op he had to stay flat on his back for 6 weeks ! I was visiting one day when he rolled off the couch and went down onto one knee (as best he could ) and PROPOSED !!! Ah ..my heart !! He was in so much pain ..how gallant is that ????? Just love this guy ..THEN he could'nt get up again !!! WELL ..we laughed 'til we cried ..what a proposal ..my groom to be like an agonised upside down beetle on the floor trying to be as romantic as he could in his PJs and me rolling on the floor laughing so hard that he could'nt tell whether I was saying yes or no !! That was the start to my VERY happy second marriage ..I'm just the luckiest ! So you see girls ..sometimes good things DO come from these back ops !! Hope you all have a lovely day..mine is over .(after Desperate Housewives !!).and Donut is just beginning a brand new one !!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #92
Ang
Yay I can choose my name!

Kay I just love your litte essay there on the sagging etc. TOO FUNNY. I don`t think I would like to go back at all. I am a widow and really don`t worry about who is looking at what. I am happy at what I am doing. My family and grandchildren are my happiness now. Keeps me occupied and of course my computer which is completely glued to my hand. I love reading all these stories and comments. Makes my day and gives me a good laugh for the day. Thanks all.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #93
Donut

Photos: 957  Users Photo Gallery
I have woken up this morning with what must be the worst cold in history, can only type a few words before spluttering coughing sneezing and blowing all over again!!! lol!!! But reading the comments left while i was sleeping has put a smile on my face!! Thanks for listing exactly what I have to look forward to Kay, (infact I recognise most of them already!!!!) and I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that proposal!!! When my husband proposed to me I was the one sick in bed with Glandular Fever, that was always a joke between us and my excuse, I was delerious and didnt know what I was saying!!!!(spell check that Jill will you?!) Lol!!! Only joking, I loved him dearly.
I am going to try out the "Fill them with Fat" theory on the wrinkles today, as there is left over Profiteroles and chocolate sauce in the fridge from a birthday dinner I did for a friend last night.
Now do I need to eat them all for it to work I wonder...??!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #94
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Photos: 415  Users Photo Gallery
Oh Kay you are a total and true marvel of a woman... Love you SK and love how you can take me from tears of deep emotion to tears of hysterical laughter in just a few paragraphs.... Your thoughts on mid life.... Please woman would you start stuff like that with a warning.. "This post may cause leaking.... Empty bladder and grab tissue before reading" would be a good idea...... Major funny and way to true thoughts my friend..... All the young ones are going to be scared ... LOL.... But I so agree.... I would not trade my knowledge for even a square of my youth filled body... Now if someone could give me both without plastic surgery.......... LOL...
Oh your poor hubby...... ROFL when the poor guy proposes is bad enough, but while in a bad way...Well you are a bit of a devil as well as a marvel....LOL... What a great LO story to tell...... Thanks for the good thoughts.... My hubby is going to be just fine.. It's all just a big inconvenience right now... But this too shall pass.... I really love this thread... .... My man thinks I have gone a bit mad too when he hears me in here all by myself laughing my pants off... Oh well he'll get use to it! ;+)...
Oh Donut.... I am so sorry you are feeling bad... I hate being sick... They do say Laughter is the best medicine so go back and read Kay's funny stuff again while you stuff your wrinkles with all that luscious fudgy leftover fat making @#$%%^&&&& (have no idea what Pro!@#$$$ is) LOL!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #95
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Photos: 349  Users Photo Gallery
Oh my..that was a purposal to remember. No they will have him up walking the day of surgery....that is all I know. Will let you know when it happens what ends up with recovery.

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 05-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #96
evergreen100

Photos: 1,023  Users Photo Gallery
Donut, sorry you are unwell. the prescription is "Eat all those profiteroles right now then you won't need to stress yourself worrying about them for the rest of the day" Delirious (correct spelling) = raving. Fairly apt for this thread don't you think? What a way to start the day, bladder emptied, tissues in hand, rolling on the floor with laughter or weeping over other people's misfortunes. I love you all! Profiteroles are choux pastry puffs filled with custard and fresh cream then dipped in chocolate or toffee - they are very good for you, believe me

Now those proposal stories - must be true true love I reckon!

I loved your MP symptoms Kay and can relate to all plus add a few more
I must have acquired heaps of knowledge in my youth judging by the roundness of my body today - always wondered why I needed all that roundness and now I know.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #97
evergreen100

Some more from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds)

Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run.

It is good if they drive us to the store and have lots of coins for us.

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.

They show us and talk to us about the color of the flowers and also why we
shouldn't step on "cracks."

They don't say, "Hurry up."

Usually grandmothers are fat, but not too fat to tie your shoes.

Grandparents don't have to be smart. They only have to answer questions like "why isn't God married?"and "How come dogs chase cats?".

When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the
same story over again.

Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television, because they are the only grown ups who like to spend time
with us.

They know we should have snack-time before bedtime and they say
prayers with us every time, and kiss us even when we've acted bad.

It's funny when they bend over, you hear gas leaks and they blame
their dog.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #98
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Evergreen, love you added list of things about grandmas and grandchildren. I have a grand daughter that calles me every time she is all alone at home. She lives 2 days by car from me. She just likes to chatter and tell me what she has been doing and hear my voice. I love to hear her's too.

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 05-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #99
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
Aww Donut ..hope you're feeling a bit better ..did you eat ALL the profiter fudgy things ?? Think you need LOTS for it to work well i.e. either cure the cold or fill in the wrinkles !! Thanks Jill for that list ..I nearly fell of my chair I laughed so hard ..especially the GAS one !! Here's a sweet grandma story that is quite proper for this truly respectable thread !!
An elderly woman and her little grandson, whose face was sprinkled with bright freckles, spent the day at the zoo. Lots of children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by a local artist who was decorating them with tiger paws.

“You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!” a girl in the line said to the little fella. Embarrassed, the little boy dropped his head.

His grandmother knelt down next to him. “I love your freckles. When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles,” she said, while tracing her finger across the child's cheek. “Freckles are beautiful!”

The boy looked up, “Really?”

“Of course,” said the grandmother. “Why, just name me one thing that's prettier than freckles.”

The little boy thought for a moment, peered intensely into his grandma's face, and softly whispered, “Wrinkles.”
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #100
bapyles
New to this place

Haven't been here for a while, so I am spending time catching up. I too wish your husband well and also you Carmie. I was thinking about the wrinkles and seems to me if you wear your hair in a TIGHT pony tail, it would take some of those wrinkles away. So far I don't have many, but I don't have long hair either. Figure I have gotten away with it for 72 years, why worry about it now? This is such a fun thread so I won't be away long. Take care everyone
Blessings,
Barb
Old 05-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #101
bapyles
New to this place

Wow, give me some of those profiteroles. Weight gain would fill in the wrinkles wouldn't it? Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:49 PM   #102
bapyles
New to this place

Kay you are leaving me in stitches as usual. What a wonderful sense of humor you have.
Blessings,
Barb
Old 05-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #103
Donut

Photos: 957  Users Photo Gallery
Love that Grandma story Kay!!
Thanks for all the get well wishes, it's only a cold and will be gone soon! I have discovered though that the secret to having helpful children seems to be to get sick...I have had cups of coffee made for me, offers of housework chores to be done(???Whats that all about?! They must be after something??!!) And last night I was tucked into bed with a blanket and teddy by my 10 year old saying you go to sleep mummy we can put ourselves to bed!!!! Sooooo sweet! Of course I didnt go to sleep unitl I knew they were safely tucked up in their beds, and even then I had to crawl out and go for a peek to check on them!!!
I am afraid I didnt take the advice, I couldnt quite manage to eat them all, I think there are still a few cream filled profiteroles in the fridge, so I will pass them round....here you go! Maybe a bit soggy by now, but I am sure the fat content is still the same!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #104
evergreen100

I am starting to grow my hair long as of today!!!!
Kay, I am leaking again!!
Thanks for the profiteroles Donut. To have such sweet children, you must be a terrific Mum like I said before!

Old 05-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #105
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Did any of you hear about the lady who wore her hair in a bun? Everymorning she would give it a real big twist and it would tighten her face so the wrinkles wouldn't show so much, one day she gave the bun a big twist and was thrilled to death at what she saw happen in her mirror...not only did she not have any wrinkles, she got a instant breast lift too. Opps sorry I do not intend to offend anyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
clever cookies, git, gogos, gran-a-rama, grannerooni, granny, granny thread, leaks r us, rgc, rgcers, sticky beaks, wise old birds, wise women, wos, wvs
Smile!