New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > Learning and Connecting > Gathering and Support > Grannies

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #106
bapyles
New to this place

No offense taken. I wouldn't mind having a bun to twist like that. The worse wrinkles I have is when I lay on the floor and try to do the bicycle with my legs. Wow, so many wrinkles. Don't know where they all came from. Must have been all that sun I lived in in Florida!!
Blessings,
Barb
Old 05-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #107
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Photos: 415  Users Photo Gallery
Ah Kay what a cute grammy story.. Where do you find all these goodies.... And Donut I want to know you secrets....What great kids you have....If I get sick everyone feels sorrier (Evergreen SP?) for them selves than they do for me...Quite helpless they all are..... Profiteroles sound quite yummy.. Chocolate anything sounds yummy.... Thanks for sharing .. Carma I will never be able to think of a pony tail in the same way again.. LOL.. Have a really great day all.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #108
Donut
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 957  Users Photo Gallery
This thread is so much fun!!
I thought I would go over what I have learnt so far, things that will make me a Wrinkle free and Wonderful granny....
Start to wear my hair in a bun
Eat lots of wrinkle filling fat
Remember to do my pelvic floor exercises ( )
But most of all, to keep smiling and never loose my sense of humour no matter what happens!!!!
The profiteroles dont seem to have worked on my face, but my stomach is looking less wrinkly!!!
I thought I would share these layouts with you all, I did them yesterday sat in bed surrounded by blankets and tissues!!
Dr. Emily
Dr Emily2
Old 05-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #109
evergreen100

Photos: 1,023  Users Photo Gallery
Donut, I can't see a single wrinkle in that photo of you!! You are telling us untruths, just like Kay with her avatar!!! Pleased about your stomach. I can see I need more of those profiteroles Loved your layouts and have left coments.
Kim- not sure if sorrier is a word but it is spelt correctly, you passed the test

Old 05-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #110
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Photos: 349  Users Photo Gallery
I left a message on your lay out page...#2 donut. Told you that she might become a Dr. my youngest Daughter is a Internist plus a pharmicist.

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 05-21-2006, 06:16 AM   #111
Donut

Kay suggested that I post here how I did the letters for the title in my Dr Emily layout so here goes.... I am afraid its not very technical, might look impressive but its easy as, 'cos the letters come as unfilled stitched letters in the kit Ouch! page kit so all i did was lay them over the gauze strip also in the kit and then lock all those layers together and using the brush eraser roughly cut around the edges to get the stitched gauze letters look!!
I asked Emily today if she thought she would like to be a real Dr when she grows up and she wrinkled her nose up at me and said "No! Dont think so, too much blood and yukky stuff, I want to be a writer" (Her heroine is Jacqueline Wilson!!!)
So there we are!!
Oh and I must be getting visably better today as the novelty of being helpful seems to have worn off!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:47 AM   #112
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

donut loved to see your daily schedule and the things you go through in the morning...I am going to have to do a layout like that. You will look back and enjoy seeing what you were doing with all that free time. YIKES WHAT FREE TIME YOU ASK?

[img[IMG]Nikon D40 camera, AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55 and AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lenses
Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 AM   #113
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
Hey Barbs ..nice to see you back again ! Was thinking all these RGs had frightened you off !! That bun twister story is the BEST Carma ..wonder if you could find out where that woman got that mirror from ?? LOL !!!! Yay ..looks like Donut is getting better ..just as well seeing as her cool hand on fevered brow seems to have gapped it !! A poor struggling writer ..living with Mum til she's 40 ..mmmm..we still have time to brain wash that one !!(or swop her ???) Awww ..kidding !!!!! Thanks for enlightening us on that journalling Pam ..that is so cool ! Going to get that kit even though I swore I would'nt need another one til I was 100 ! I seem to have scrappers block at the moment and nothing is coming together for me !! Arrrgh !!!! I really try and focus on one thing at a time but my mind seems to hop around like a flea on a hot brick and I get all unravelled !!! In a bad way are'nt I ?? Have'nt even got any of those proto folly fudgy things to console myself with so will probably get ANOTHER wrinkle !! NOT a good Monday morning !! Kim went and got me all choked up and leaky and misty and a hundred other emotions all rolled into one ..have the rest of you RGCs SEEN this LO ?? Be warned ..you WILL leak ..even you Donut !! http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...0&ppuser=16608 Now that you're ALL leaky ...have a lovely day !! Cyber hugs to all of you
Old 05-22-2006, 03:32 AM   #114
Donut

I have just looked at Kims layout....and yes I am leaking!!! Amazing, wonderful, beautiful .... I started trying to imagine the emotions that would be flooding in at a moment like that, and then it happened....I started leaking!!!
Kay, I hope your scrappers block has gone, if not, eat these.....here.... a prescription....I made more profiteroles filled with cream and hot chocolate sauce poured over the top...tuck in and the block will go!!! (I know, I have a Dr in the house!!!)
Carma, if you find that free time anywhere around can you send it back this way?? It seems to have vanished!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #115
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Nice post Kay, I always look for this thread first when I get on the computer. Not getting much done in the way of LOs, been cleaning and getting ready for my daughter that arrived yesterday to be with us during my hubbys surgery. We take him to day for all his blood work and EKG. That will be a full day to him, he wil probably sleep most of the afternoon. It did perk him up to have our daughter come, someone new to talk to and visit with always helps. It is strange Kay, mirrors really do lie...seems I always look better in a mirror than in a picture. Anyone else notice that. Cameras bring bout bulges and wrinkles you knew were there but never saw before.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #116
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Kay that was so sweet of you.... Thank you.... And thank you all for looking and commenting on my LO.. It was pure labor of love for sure... I cried the whole while I was writing it.. My hubby teased me about being hormonal.... Why is that a mans answer for every emotion we women have....LOL..

I thought I'd share this funny little poem I found this morning while looking for a quote...With all the talk in this thread about our many short comings I thought this was good one to share..

Congratulations! You're not perfect! It's ridiculous to want to be perfect anyway. But then, everybody's ridiculous sometimes, except perfect people. You know what perfect is? Perfect is not eating or drinking or talking or moving a muscle or making even the teensiest mistake. Perfect is never doing anything wrong - which means never doing anything at all. Perfect is boring! So you're not perfect! Wonderful! Have fun! Eat things that give you bad breath! Trip over your own shoelaces! Laugh! Let somebody else laugh at you! Perfect people never do any of those things. All they do is sit around and sip weak tea and think about how perfect they are. But they're really not one-hundred-percent perfect anyway. You should see them when they get the hiccups! Phooey! Who needs 'em? You can drink pickle juice and imitate gorillas and do silly dances and sing stupid songs and wear funny hats and be as imperfect as you please and still be a good person. Good people are hard to find nowadays. And they're a lot more fun than perfect people any day of the week. ~Stephen Manes, Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days!

I really like that last part about good people being hard to find these days... Guess he has never visited DSP...You all Rock! My SK you super Rock!....
Old 05-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #117
Carma
Sunshine and Good Karma!

Kim, love that poem...thanks for sharing it with us.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:18 AM   #118
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
Hey all the RGCs !!! I've got an excuse for not being here for a while ..we had a HUGE hail storm which knocked our lines out for a few days (it has nEVER hailed here before)..I think Mother Nature is seriously hormonal at the moment ..the weather patterns are sooo out of character !! It has been raining non stop for about 5 days and is freezing ..we are all in a state of shock !!! This time of the year is supposed to be gorgeous ..this afternoon we are going to the Drakensberg for a long weekend away and it's SNOWING !! Running around frantically trying to find warm stuff ..decided to take the biggest bottle of Old Brown Sherry and my electric blankie ..that should sort me out !! Hope everyone else is okay ..your'e all unusually quiet !!! I love your poem my SK ..but I do think wer'e all perfect or at least perfectly good examples LOL !! Scary thought !!! Lots of cyber thoughts with Carma running around at the hospital ..hope DH feeling a bit better now ! Wow Donut ..please thank Dr Em for the BEST perscription EVER for scrappers block ..don't know if it cleared the block but it sure gave me a sugar rush and filled a thousand wrinkles on my tummy and enabled me to upload myLO I'd been battling with for 3 days !!! Well ..wishing you all sunshine ..cyber hugs ..Moi
Old 05-25-2006, 03:10 AM   #119
Donut

I love that poem Kim!!!
Carma I am thinking of you and sending you big hugs...hope everything is going well.
Kay! Wondered what was keeping you quiet, I thought maybe your teeth were stuck together with all those profiteroles you'd been stuffing!!!! seriously, I hope the weather improves for your weekend away, and if not dont forget to pack the toboggan...(mmm, dodgy spelling there!!) I didn't even know you got snow in your part of the world! It is raining and cold here too, but seeing as it is winter I mustn't complain! I seem to be over the flu but Bex and Alex have now got it, so more work for poor Dr Emily....who seems to have gone on strike!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #120
yvspeck
"GRAMARAZZI"

Glad you all liked the poem..Perfectly good examples.. I like that.. But I am not sure I want to know what we are examples of It's so strange to think of you all on the other side of the world heading into winter and that darn flu season while we are headed into summer and the darn heat (Love the desert but 100+ is not my favorite part).. Hail and Snow in SA wow I would say Mother Nature is in a mood.. Kay I hope you are taking your camera as well as Old Brown and Electric Blankie.. Sounds like some great photo op's. I especial those toboggan photos.. LOL.. Hmm wonder how long a cord you have on that electric blankie . LOL Oh no the Dr is on strike.. That's too cute... Donut your Emily sounds like a pure joy.... Glad you are feeling better.... Sending Carma and her hubby good thoughts along with you gals.... Am interested to hear how it all goes for them..... Sure glad back surgery today is not like Kay's hubby's 10 years ago... 6 weeks on your back would be one big bummer.... My hubby's Dr say the have them up and walkng the first day and walking up to a mile the first month.... Oh good maybe If I walk with my hubby I can walk off some of those chocolate thingys Donut's shared with us.... Mine did nothing for my tummy wrinkles... Went straight to my bottom.. LOL.. Have a great day or night all.... Have a super weekend Kay... Don't get that electric blankie cord wrapped around any trees if you go tobogganing
Closed Thread

Tags
clever cookies, git, gogos, gran-a-rama, grannerooni, granny, granny thread, leaks r us, rgc, rgcers, sticky beaks, wise old birds, wise women, wos, wvs
Smile!