New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
greenscrapcat
New to this place

I'm New Here and to Digi

I have been scrapping for about 10 years, however I took a hiatus for three years, don't ask me why. I went through a lot of crap, LOL. Anyhoo, I have been getting back into scrapbooking the past couple months and am going to try this digi thing, LOL. I've only created two layouts so far, but am practicing. I downloaded the free trial of PSE 6 and like it; however, it seems like it freezes alot because of memory problems. I have a TON of memory on my computer so don't know why. Will try out several others before I buy.

I have been "lurking" on this site for quite a while now, thought I'd introduce myself. You all do such beautiful work!
greenscrapcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
JenniferG
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 583  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome! Digiscrapping is great! I used to paper scrap, but found it was soooo time consuming and expensive! And I had to keep printing pictures...and reprinting! I don't have PSE 6, instead I use PSE 5, which I bought a little over a year ago and love it. However, I too was experiencing memory shortages/freezes on my computer almost on a daily basis. I found out that it was the amount of RAM that I had. PSE uses A LOT of memory. My computer had only 243mb of RAM. I bought a laptop which has 3GB of RAM so now I'm all set. It's amazing how quickly PSE moves! Try increasing your RAM, some places, like the Geek Squad in Best Buy, increase your RAM for $30. We would have done that but we needed a new computer anyway. LOL

Anyway. The gals here are awesome, the products are outstanding, and everyone here loves to help and give advice if every you want/need it. Just ask! You're going to love it here! Can't wait to see what you do!
JenniferG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
Abby
DSP Moderator

Photos: 433  Users Photo Gallery
Hi and welcome to DSP! You'll love digiscrapping .. so much easier and less messy than regular and way cheaper too - we reuse everything Lots of information up under Start Here in the menu bar - that'll answer lots of questions. Look forward to seeing your creations!
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
shazzt
DET Alumni

Photos: 793  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP - hope you sort out your computer issues!

shazzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
Tara
Team Digital and always OrangeSue!

Photos: 760  Users Photo Gallery
Ah yes, PSE - the computer hog!!! I'm sure you'll get it all figured out eventually; Jennifer's information was good stuff! PSE is a great program though with lots of room for growth so don't give up on it too easily!

Welcome to DSP. You are going to have TONS of fun digital scrapbooking!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
Penny M
DET Alumni

Photos: 1,506  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP! Anytime you have questions, just post and you will get a lot of answers!

Penny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Erica
Team Digital Senior Designer

Photos: 1,365  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to the best digi scrapping site around, you'll soon become addicted like the rest of us. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
tif_gerber
Addicted to this place

Photos: 265  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome to DSP!!! I've been digi scrapping for 6 months or so now and I admit...I have a problem! I am an ADDICT! I am experiencing the same problems with PSE 6...my computer is sooo slow. Working on increasing my ram and also getting an external hard drive to store all my stuff! Once you get the kinks worked out I am sure you'll love it. As mentioned above, everyone on here is great and so helpful. Don't hesitate to ask questions...and get involved! I joined the swaps "challenge" a few months ago and have met some fabulous people!

Can't wait to see your layouts!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
Kerr
Addicted to this place

Photos: 72  Users Photo Gallery
Welcome! You will find a great deal of information here and lots of help. Just jump in and enjoy yourself! Just remember with digi you cant make a mistake because there is that awesome "undo" button! Have fun! Look forward to seeing your layouts
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Smile!