PAGE TUTORIAL FOR PHOTOSHOP 7
• Open a new file , 8x10 with transparent background. (File
• Drag the background image into the new file window using
the move tool
Enlarge the image to fill the screen – Edit- Free Transform-(
Pull on a corner to enlarge the image )
To adjust the colors of the background alter the hue/saturation-
( Image- adjustments- hue/saturation ). Make sure the colorize
button is checked and drag the hue slider till you have the right
shade ( in this case an orangey shade)
• Drag the original into the new image again and using the
transform tool to reduce the size and place as required. It will
automatically put itself in a new layer
Do the same with the other image(s)- Each will automatically place
itself on a new layer
• Using the text tool select an appropriate font and type
in your text – Use the free transform tool to enlarge or
reduce your text and to move it to your desired position.
• To reduce the opacity of your text go to the layers palette
and use the opacity slider to reduce till you get the desired
• Create a new layer for text which you want in a different
place – in this case we would like our text to be white
so we need to change the foreground colour as well
To add a drop shadow to the text click on the layer style button
at the bottom of the layers palette and select drop shadow- drag
the sliders till you get the desired result.
• To produce vertical text click on the text orientation
button beside the font name in the text tool bar
• To increase the spacing between the letters open the character
palette and adjust the tracking to a larger number.
To draw straight lines create a new layer and choose a round brush
in the desired size.
• Click where you wish the line to start and hold the shift
key down and click where you want the line to end.
Its best to create each line on a new layer so you can move them
a printable copy of this tutorial click here