1. Make a circle the size of the
bead you want.
2. Color the circle with the paint bucket in the color you want
the bead to be.
3. Select filters, Render, lens flair and add a light to shade
the bead. I used brightness 100% and set the flair center at the
bottom of the circle, and chose lens type of 50-300mm zoom.
4. Then select filters, distort, spherize to make your circle
look like a bead. I used amount 100%, mode normal.
5. Then add effects, drop shadow. I used a mode of multiply, color
slightly darker than the background, 75% opacity, 120 degree angle,
global angle, 5 pixel distance, 5 pixel blur, and 0% intensity.
*If you want your bead to look
more like a pearl:
1. Same as above.
2. Make the circle white.
3. Make a new layer with the same shape as the bead and fill it
with the linear gradient tool, transparent rainbow.
4. Make the rainbow layer only 10% opacity.
5. With the rainbow circle still selected, select filter, distort,
ripple, amount -889, size small.
6. Merge the rainbow circle layer with the white circle layer.
Then follow steps 3-5 above.
To make a string of pearls just duplicate the layer and put it
beside the previous pearl until you have a string.
Example of beads:
For a printable version of this
tutorial, click here