by Irene Alexeeva
Your own custom brushes can really come in handy. You can even
create lace brushes from scanned lace ribbon images and use them
for frame or border making. I'll use my own created amethyst gem
image to create a brush.
1. Open your image you want to create a brush from:.
2. Now render image to grayscale. Go Image>Adjustments>Desaturate
(or just press Shift+Ctrl+U).
3. From the Image menu choose Adjustments>Brightness>Contrast.
Set Contrast to +52.
4. Now select the whole image or only the part of it you want
to work as a brush.
5. Keeping the selection active, choose Edit>Define Brush
6. Type the name of your brush in the opened window.
7. Now you have to save your new brush so that you could use
it in your future projects. Select the Brush tool from the toolbar.
Press the small button on the right of the Brush menu:
And choose Save Brushes.
8. That's all! Now you've got your peculiar brush in Presets