Fuzzy Fibers in Adobe Photoshop
CS - a simple yet a very realistic method
1. Start creating a new document, 12 inches wide, 3 inches
high, at 200 ppi. With this size you can make a large fiber
suitable for a high resolution layout.
2. Activate the Brush tool on the toolbar at the left.
3. Choose "Dune Grass" brush from the brushes variance
palette. This is a brush that is included into your software
4. Now go to the Brushes palette (it is on the right), choose
"Scattering" and set it to 8%.
5. After that choose "Shape Dynamics" and adjust
the following settings: Size Jitter 26%, Angle Jitter 82%.
6. Choose the background and the foreground colors to your
liking - if you make these contrasty, you can really get very
realistic and colorful fibers! Now enjoy your new fiber brush
- start dragging it along the canvas. You'll be amazed at the
fuzzy fiber that comes out of it!
7. Save your fiber as a PNG file with a transparent background.
Now you can recolor it, add noise or shadow
You are the