Making a Gem in Adobe Photoshop
1. Start making a new document with the following settings:
2. Choose a Polygon tool, set the number of sides to 6. Draw
a polygon of any color you like.
3. Now we will be working with a layer style. Let's create
the inner texture of our gem. Go to Layer menu -Layer Style.
Choose Pattern Overlay. Here you can choose any pattern you
like - let your fantasy guide you.
4. Choose Drop Shadow, set the blend mode to Multiply. Color
to black. Opacity to 36%, distance 12, choke 26, size 21.
5. Apply Inner Glow to the gem using the following settings:
6. Choose Satin. Adjust the settings as shown:
7. Let's add faceting to the gem - the most important step!
Choose Bevel and Emboss and make the following changes:
Click on the Gloss Contour icon and distort the contour like
8. Now the final accent - let's add some shadowing to make
the gem look realistic. Select Drop Shadow, opacity 50%, distance
28 px, size 14px, angle 120.
9. Now look at your gem - ready to wear!