Tutorial: Torn Edges
Torn Edges – “Lauren’s Method”
Though this tutorial is written for photoshop, the same principals will be able to be easily applied to PSP.
• On your open
layout file– create a new layer for your paper and fill with
your desired colour.
• Apply a small inner bevel and a texture of your choice to your edge.
• Delete the unneeded portion of the paper layer and move your edge layer to below your paper layer – adjust the layers so that the torn edge peeps out from behind the paper layer.
• At this stage you may wish to apply a very
tiny bevel to your paper layer and a slight texture – this
• This may well be sufficient in which case
merge your layers and apply a slight drop shadow.
• Adding Noise to your edge layer.
• Using your low opacity eraser along the torn edge of your edge layer.
• When you are happy with the look of your edge merge your layers and apply a tiny drop shadow in the direction of the torn edge – in other words so the shadow shows up slightly under the torn edge of your paper.