by Amber Gray
This tutorial will show you how to make brushed metal in Photoshop
Elements! This tutorial was created using Photoshop Elements 4.0
1. Open a new document. Any size is acceptable; this tutorial
was done using a 600 x 600 pixel document at 200 ppi.
2. Fill the Image with a medium gray color. This again can vary
depending on the type of metal you wish to make. This tutorial
uses R:159 G:159 B:159.
3. Go to filter - noise - add noise.
4. Select Gaussian and make sure the monochromatic box is checked.
The percent can vary according to the product, but this tutorial
5. Go to filter - blur - motion blur.
6. Pick a slightly low angle. This tutorial uses 7. Select the
distance of 47. This can be altered.
7. Crop the document down to get rid of the outside edges.
8. You are finished! You can do a lot with the brushed metal
texture! Use dodge to add some dimension, or make a pattern out
of it to fill any document!