Creating Denim in Photoshop Elements
by Jamie Rousselle
1. Download a photo of denim. There's a good one here
at Stock.xchng. You will have to register first, before you can download
the photo, but its a free site and there are a lot of good texture photos.
2. Open up the photo in Photoshop Elements
3. Change the photo to black and white Image-->Grayscale
4. Adjust the levels of the photo so the black and white areas are clearly
defined. Enhance-->Adjust Brightness/Contrast-->Levels
5. Next save the image as a pattern. Edit-->Define Pattern
6. Now, to create denim, create a new 12x12, 200 dpi image and fill with
a blue color.
7. Create a new layer and fill it with your new denim patter.
8. Adjust the pattern so it fills the canvas completely with no seams.
9. Adjust the opacity of the layer so the blue shows through your denim